Home>Support>Vantage Child Theme – this theme is broken

Vantage Child Theme – this theme is broken

By Tom, 9 years ago. Last reply by Andrew Misplon, 9 years ago.

to continue with previous thread, Vantage Premium theme is active. Child theme “is broken”.

Appearance – Themes shows Vantage Premium them to be active and when you scroll to the bottom, you see the following:
The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.
Name
Description
My Vantage Child Theme The parent theme is missing. Please install the “Vantage” parent theme.

OK, parent theme is active. And, it has been removed and uploaded several times.

When you go to Themes – Editor – and select My Vantage Child Theme to edit, the stylesheet has at the top: “This theme is broken. The parent theme is missing. Please install the “Vantage” parent theme.” the style.css is as follows:

/*
Theme Name: My Vantage Child Theme
Version: 1.0
Description: A child theme for Vantage premium, the premium business directory theme for WordPress.
Author: Your Name
Author URL: http://www.your-url.com
Template: Vantage
Verson:	1.0
*/
@import url("../vantage/style.css");

As stated previously, originally created in InstantWordPress and it works. Uploaded using Duplicator plugin. Doesn’t work. And have uploaded themes and all else via ftp. HELP

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 8 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Tom

Try changing Template: to lower case vantage:

Template: vantage

Here is an example child theme you can check out if needs be.

https://siteorigin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/vantage-child-vanilla.zip

2. 9 years, 8 months ago Tom

wow! such a simple thing overlooked! it worked!

But, the footer and side bar do not show up.

Any ideas how to correct?

3. 9 years, 8 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Super, glad that helped.

Activating a child theme causes a lot to reset. Have you checked Appearance > Widgets? You might just need to drag those widgets from Inactive, back into the widget areas.

4. 9 years, 8 months ago Tom

It worked! Thanks again!

5. 9 years, 8 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

For sure, glad you’re making progress here. All the best.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More