Home>Support>Vantage: 4 column Projects under Slider

Vantage: 4 column Projects under Slider

By junky, 10 years ago. Last reply by Andrew Misplon, 10 years ago.

Hi

I’m playing with Vantage Theme and I would like to add like on the photo http://f.666kb.com/i/coar697ws3hmth4vf.jpg 4 Colums under the Slider. Ho do I that?

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 10 years, 4 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi. One way to do that would be to create a post category, then add your projects one per post with a featured image added to each post. Go to Posts > Categories, click on the category in question and check the URL, take note of the category ID. Now go to Appearance > Home Page and insert a Post Loop (PB) widget. Select the Carousel template and in the last field of that widget insert an argument as follows:

cat=x

Where x is the category ID we took note of earlier.

2. 10 years, 3 months ago junky

Hi
    with posts and category its working but homepage does not look like so as I wish because I want under the fotos some text and read more.. link
    yet I solved it with this Image Widget http://wordpress.org/plugins/image-widget/
    there I can Chose an image and add some Text and headline but I can’t chose Headline Bacgroundcolour .
    I think for my purpose is Circle Icon Widget + with image Widget options above is perfect. Can Greg update the circle image widget with those options from image widget ?
    In circle image widget I don’t have to add fotos instead of circles

3. 10 years, 3 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Super, glad you found a solution. I’ll certainly pass your feedback on!

4. 10 years, 3 months ago junky

Hi me again with the recent/excerpt Posts Problem

that image widget solves my problem but everytime I have to add the link to the post and this is not the elegant way.
    I tried many options but I think vantage theme has no good exerpt Post options
    this http://cds-wohnbau.de/projekte-berlin.html 3 column post excerpt I try to build
    1. With page builder I create 3 column and add post loop ==> not the same result, postloop does not have post excerpt
    2. I add image widget to the 3 columns ==> it works but I have to set link to the post, not the best way
    3. I tried another theme. I crate a static page there I can choose 3 column template under theme options I can choose how many featured posts I want to see, I choose 6 posts and the result is like above. An excerpt of 6 Posts are displayed on the static Page how I want. There is also an excerpt place I can add vimeo/ youtube links and instead of photos, videos are displayed. Thats what I want but I don’t want to use other Theme then vantage! Is there any way to get same funktions in Vantage?

5. 10 years, 3 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi

If you use the Post Loop (PB) widget with the Grid template it will pull from the Excerpt field. For example this page is here is using the Post Loop widget with Grid template set in the widget settings, the text you see there is from the Excerpt field: http://hitdelete.com/our-work/.

Give that a try.

6. 10 years, 3 months ago junky

Hi
    I tried that and its greate :) I didn’t know that.
    One more question, is there a way to the featured image not to show in the post? If I add a featured Image to the post, the image should only visible on the grid but not in the post, I want to add other big images to the post.
    If I add small featured image to the post, it streches big and it looks ugly

7. 10 years, 3 months ago junky

and a way to reduce number of grids to 3 or two?

8. 10 years, 3 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Super.

If you go to Appearance > Theme Settings > Blog you can disable the featured image from appearing on the single post page there.

Let me know if that works for you.

9. 10 years, 3 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Perhaps try the setting in the widget that says Posts Per Page to restrict the number posts appearing – if that’s what you meant.

You’ll need to test this out though, multiple Post Loop widgets on one page, all with their own pagination, can cause issues.

10. 10 years, 3 months ago junky

disable featured image in post has worked, thanks
    but reduce number of columns works only if I have 3 Posts in the Category. If I have for instance 6 Posts in the Category and I want 3 Columns like this
    [] [] []
    [] [] []
    in widget setting I can choose 3 posts but it shows this result [] [] [] under them 1 2 3
    I tried with page builder. I built 2 tables and put in them post loop PB and the result looks so
    [] [] []
    [] [] []
    and the fotos are twice there. I can hide 123 with css but post Loop gets posts 1 2 3 ind the second part again 1 2 3

for me it would be perfect if there were an option to choose
    +number of columns
    +length of recent text

11. 10 years, 3 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Page Builder’s approach would be that you layout your columns initially and then place the widget in one of three columns. The widget should then ideally span to take up the available space, in this case, one of three columns. The Grid template unfortunately doesn’t handle this very well at the moment, the images scale but not the text.

Thanks for your feedback, I’ve made a note of it. At this stage this is the limit of what the Post Loop widget can provide related to your goals.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More