Home>Support>Upgrade to WordPress 4.1 breaks Page Builder

Upgrade to WordPress 4.1 breaks Page Builder

I love Page Builder Version 2.0.3, but I upgraded my site to WordPress 4.1 and now it does not work properly. The widgets are compressed and extremely long. They also bleed into the backgound so it’s hard to change settings. What should I do. I use WPEngine, so I will have to upgrade to 4.1 eventually (mandatory).

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Justo

Sorry to hear about the hassle. We seem to be running WP 4.0.1 without problems. Please can you try:

1. Run any pending updates at Dashboard > Updates.
    2. Ensure Page Builder is on 2.0.3.
    3. De-activate all plugins not made by SiteOrigin. Re-test.
    4. If the issue is resolved, re-activate your plugins on by one, each time checking the problem.

2. 9 years, 8 months ago Justo Diaz

Thank you so much for replying. Please confirm that you are running WordPress 4.1 not 4.01. I’ve upgraded to 4.1 then turned off all the other plugins and the page builder plugin is still not working. Just to be clear, I’m running WordPress 4.1 not 4.01 (as you stated in your reply.

3. 9 years, 8 months ago Justo Diaz

Oops, you said 4.0.1 but I’m running 4.1

4. 9 years, 8 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Apologies. Yes, 4.1 is correct.

Next please try switching over to a default theme like Twenty Fourteen and see if there is any change.

Finally, check for JS errors when using Page Builder: http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Your_Browser_to_Diagnose_JavaScript_Errors#Step_3:_Diagnosis

Thanks

5. 9 years, 8 months ago Nir Louk

Just go to each page and re-save them in the back-office.
    that worked for me.

6. 9 years, 8 months ago Nir Louk

wordpress 4.1 had some DB change. probably that was the issue.

• 9 years, 8 months ago Andrew Misplon
      Hi, I Work Here

Hi Nir

Good to hear from you. Thanks for this advise.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More