Home>Support>Update from Vantage 2.2.3 to 2.4.2 – problem

Update from Vantage 2.2.3 to 2.4.2 – problem

Hi there,
I just updated the Vantage Premium theme from 2.2.3 to 2.4.2 and lost the ability to color the row full width of the screen, it just colors the page width.
Select
Edit row > Theme > Background color.

WordPress 4.2.2
Still developing site on Local

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 3 months ago Magus
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Richard

Could you please check the Row Layout setting under Edit Row->Layout and ensure that it is set to Full-Width Stretched.

Thanks

Magus

2. 9 years, 3 months ago Richard Sanderson

Hi Magus,
    Tried your suggestion but doesn’t help.

In the 2.2.3 version I had it set on “Standard” which resulted in a full width grey row with content centered on it.
    setting on “full width” gave the same result.
    The “Full Width Stretched” setting resulted in the content being shown on the left side of the row.

In version 2.4.2 the “Standard” setting results in centered content but a clear background (Background color set to grey)
    “Full width” and “Full width stretched” both result in a full width grey row with content on the left side.

3. 9 years, 3 months ago Magus
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Richard

Please navigate to Pages and edit the page displaying the issue. Look for the Page Attributes Meta Box on the right.
    Please check that the Template is set to Full Width Page.

Thanks

Magus

4. 9 years, 3 months ago Richard Sanderson

Hi Magus,

It doesn’t seem to matter what template I use the result is the same.
    I am going to try cloning the site and use vantage 2.2.3 on one and 2.4.2 on the other then see if I can see any differences in the code produced on the pages using Firefox Developer Tools.

5. 9 years, 3 months ago Richard Sanderson

Hi Magus,

At a loss for words!
    Cloned the site using Duplicator and it works fine with 2.4.2 now.
    Page set to “Full width – no title” or “Full Width”
    Row set to “Full Width” (not “Full Width Stretched” which stretches the content over the screen, makes sense)

Anyway thanks for your really fast responses and assistance

6. 9 years, 3 months ago Magus
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Richard

You are welcome. If it is working after a clone then the issue was most likely caused by a corrupted file in the wordpress core files as they are the only files not copied when duplicating.

If you need any more help please feel free to open a new thread

Magus

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More