Home>Support>unable to update some pages since wordpress 5

unable to update some pages since wordpress 5

Hi

I am encountering a very strange problem with my site, whereby I cannot update some pages that have been built in the SiteOrigin page builder. I can edit the page in the editor, but when I press update I get a 404 error on the /post.php page. Additionally, for one particular button widget, I get a 404 page when I open the button editor, but other buttons are fine – something is deeply wrong.

I have tried every trick in the book with regards to troubleshooting this including the following
1) Up to date WordPress, Vantage Premium Theme, and all plugins up to date
2) Disable all but SO plugins – issue still occurrs
3) Disable all plugins – can now post page updates (so issue is with siteorigin)
4) Regenerate permalinks and htaccess file

Please can someone perhaps advise on what the issue here is

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 5 years, 3 months ago SiteOrigin
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Tom

Thanks for posting.

It might be worth reaching out to your hosting company and asking them to please, check ModSecurity logs. Please, see the paragraph on this problem here: Page: Troubleshooting Errors.

2. 5 years, 3 months ago Tom McQueen

Fantastic, that has worked, thanks

3. 5 years, 3 months ago SiteOrigin
    Hi, I Work Here

Super, glad to hear you’ve made progress :) If any SiteOrigin questions arise in the future, please let us know.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More