Home>Support>The new Page Builder 2.0 update made my site uneditable

The new Page Builder 2.0 update made my site uneditable

By Brett Dagle, 9 years ago. Last reply by Andrew Misplon, 9 years ago.

Like the others here, I too am experiencing problems after the update to Page Builder 2.0. When I open any page, the Pagebuilder tab is not available and the edit window looks blank. There is text in there if you highlight the window you can see it, but I can’t use any of the Page builder features. A page builder window appears under the editing window but it does nothing. I am completely unable to do anything with my site now. I’ve uninstalled, deleted and reinstalled pagebuilder, disabled all other plugins and uninstalled, deleted and reinstalled pagebuilder. I’ve tried 3 different browsers, and updated my Java. Nothing will make pagebuilder 2.0. I searched the internet for pagebuilder 1.5.3, because it worked perfectly, but I can’t find it anywhere. I’m running WordPress 4.0.1. Please help! Any suggestions would be welcomed!

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 9 months ago Brett Dagle

Just uninstalled PB 2.0. I found and downloaded PB 1.5.4 and installed that version, and everything came back and is working.

2. 9 years, 9 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Brett

We’re trying to get to the bottom of this issue so we can fix it. Would it be possible to reenable Page Builder 2 and check if you’re getting any Javascript errors? This would be a huge help – we should be able to fix the problem.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Your_Browser_to_Diagnose_JavaScript_Errors#Step_3:_Diagnosis

3. 9 years, 9 months ago Brett Dagle

Sorry I didn’t get around to checking for Javascript errors. However, I just updated to PB 2.0.1 and it seems to work.
    Whatever you fixed, seemed to fix the problem I was having…
    Thank You!!!

4. 9 years, 9 months ago Fred

Hi Brett,

Sorry for imposing on your thread here, could you please link to where you found the 1.5.4 version of PB, as I am experiencing some critical problems with 2.0.1 (I have posted about them, but no answer yet).

Regards,
    Fred

5. 9 years, 9 months ago Brett Dagle

Hi Fred,

I hope I don’t get in trouble for providing a link.
    I found it at the WordPress Plugins Page for SiteOrigin’s Page Builder Development. Scroll down the page to see the other versions.
    Here is the link: https://wordpress.org/plugins/siteorigin-panels/developers/

Brett

6. 9 years, 9 months ago Fred

Hi Brett,

Thanks a million! You’re a lifesaver! :)

Regards,
    Fred

7. 9 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Glad to hear you’re up and running again Fred. Thanks for chipping in here Brett.

2.0.3 is out now and resolves a few other small bugs that arose.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More