Home>Support>tagline

tagline

By sonny32, 9 years ago. Last reply by Andrew Misplon, 9 years ago.

When can we expect the normal tagline functionality for Avantage. Is this in a next upgrade? When? Or will it be a different theme altogether? When?

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 2 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Sonny32

Thanks for your support. It’s definitely on the list. If you’d like to resolve right now, please, give this child theme a try:

https://siteorigin.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/vantage-child-tagline-support.zip

Download the ZIP to your desktop.
    Install from Appearance > Themes > Add New: Upload Theme > Activate.
    All Appearance > Customize >Theme Design settings will reset, same with menu location settings. This is unfortunately expected when activating a child theme.

Hope that helps.

2. 9 years, 2 months ago sonny32

Hello Andrew,
    Thank you for your response.
    I will try-out your suggestion. It is important for my "branding" to have A
    TAGLINE.
    Will let you know the result.

3. 9 years, 2 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

For sure. Hope that helps.

4. 9 years, 2 months ago sonny32

Hello Andrew,
    It works more or less. The Tagline appears in line with the Title and direct after the title. Of course I need it on a second line below the Title.
    I guess that with a bit of HTML trickery I should get it right? Have to find out how still.

5. 9 years, 2 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Sure. Please go to Appearance > Editor > style.css. Remove the two CSS rules there under the line that reads:

/* =Theme customization starts here
    -------------------------------------------------------------- */

Next insert the following:

.site-header .site-description {
    	float: left;
    	width: 100%;
    }

6. 9 years, 2 months ago sonny32

Hello Andrew,
    That worked perfectly. Thank you for that suggestion.
    Now I need to adjust it to correct size, font etc.

What I do not understand is that under Appearance I have a 2nd Home page that shows on the Nav bar, but not in the Menu. Don´t see how to get rid of it. So still a lot of work to do.

7. 9 years, 2 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Sure, glad that helped. You can add declarations as requried. For example:

.site-header .site-description {
    float: left;
    font-size: 16px;
    width: 100%;
    }

Appearance > Home Page is a Page Builder shortcut. It’s the same as going Pages > Home Page (if you have created one) and then clicking on the Page Builder tab. You can turn Appearance > Home Page OFF at the top using the provided toggle button but can’t remove the menu item itself.

8. 9 years, 2 months ago sonny32

Hi Andrew,
    Thanks for your great help.
    I will continue to develop and learn by trial and error. It is good to know however that you´re willing to help when the need arises.
    Enjoy your weekend.

9. 9 years, 2 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

For sure. Let us know if you run into any hassles :)

All the best.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More