Home>Support>SiteOrigin Features

SiteOrigin Features

Hi All,

When i’m adding text under a circle widget, Like Tax Preparation, i would like to have the text stay together, without adding line breaks in the middle of a word. I know that with a responsive layout the spacing can change but I would hope the word would stay together. I frequently get a letter or two on a third line. This only happens on a feature widget in a masonry layout. If I add the same text on a regular widget it doesn’t do that.

It ends up looking like this
Tax
Preparatio
n

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 13 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Paul

Do you have a public URL where we can take a look at what’s going on? If you need to keep this URL private from other users, just select “Private Reply” on the bottom right of the comment box.

2. 9 years, 10 days ago Paul Muller

Hi Andrew,

Sorry for the delay in my response. I found out how to get around it. It seems that the responsive layout was causing the words to break to fit the line. To stop that i had to add in this CSS
    .entry-content a {
    color: #000000;
    white-space:nowrap;
    text-decoration:none;
    }

And then on each SiteOrigin Feature I coded the break i wanted into the text fields. TaxPreparation Forces a break into the word, and the no wrap attribute stops the text from moving onto the new line.

I also know this only fixes the issue if you have the text in the title block linked to the more URL. It works for right now. And i haven’t seen anything else out of place on the rest of the site yet.

Hope this helps someone else.

3. 9 years, 10 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for reporting. Really glad to hear you found a hotfix. As long as your CSS is stored in a Custom CSS plugin and you’re not seeing issues elsewhere then this is 100%.

Thanks for sharing.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More