Home>Support>Site Origin Widgets Bundle

Site Origin Widgets Bundle

Apologies if this posts twice. I can’t see it and it’s causing more problems for me.

I did an update of the SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle plugin today to 1.5.6. It removed the SiteOrigin Image Grids. I had many on my site: www.suzanneboles.com with many jpegs in them. I was able to find a WP Rollback plugin that allowed me to roll back the plugin to 1.5.4. and restored all my jpegs. Now the website says I need to update the SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle because I’m using an older version. Now I just updated it on its own and I had to roll back to get all my jpegs back into the site.

1. Has anyone else had this problem with the widget update?
2. How can I stop it from updating?

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 8 months ago SiteOrigin
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Suzanne

Please, try the following. Update the Widgets Bundle to the latest version, then, delete it from Plugins (you need to deactivate first). Then, reinstall it.

Let us know how that goes.

2. 8 years, 8 months ago athenagrayson

I had the same thing happen at my site at athenagrayson.com . I upgraded, and all the images in my SiteOrigin Image Grid disappeared. When I edit the page, it says “Missing Widget SiteOrigin Widgets ImageGrid Widget” I did as the Support Assistants sugggested and I am still getting the “Missing Widget” notification. Any solution to this that works?

• 8 years, 8 months ago SiteOrigin
      Hi, I Work Here

Hi Athenagrayson

So to confirm, you’ve deleted the Widgets Bundle and reinstalled, the widget then still shows as missing? If so, please, also go to Plugins > SiteOrigin Widgets and confirm the widget you want is enabled. Finally, if both of those steps fail, try testing with all plugins deactivated except for Page Builder and the Widgets Bundle and then see what the result is.

3. 8 years, 8 months ago athenagrayson

The widget is enabled (says “Active”), and indeed, I can even construct new widgets of the same class. Just the ones I created with my images already present in them are gone. At this point, it’s easier to rebuild the page rather than run the risk of losing all the information from my other deactivated plugins. If the problem returns or persists, I’ll go for more aggressive solutions when my uptime isn’t quite as critical (getting ready to launch a book promotion and I need all my book info to show up).

Hi, I Work Here

Hi Athena

Please, could you open a new thread for us: Page: New Thread. Once your thread is open, please, post the link here. I’ll then pick it up and reply. It’ll allow us to focus specifically on your setup and exchange login information if that’s necessary. Thanks for the info you’ve provided so far.

4. 8 years, 8 months ago Suzanne Boles

Same problem for me. And no one from SiteOrigin has actually contacted me even, which is upsetting since I paid for the Vantage premium Theme and put in my number.

For me to recreate this will take a long time because I used the grids on several pages. This is a professional website where potential clients come, so I need it up and running and functioning without these glitches.

Can someone please come up with a solution and contact me ASAP. Thank you.

Hi, I Work Here

Hi Suzanne

Thanks for your update and follow-up information.

We first replied to your thread about three days ago. If you’re replying via email, please, check the thread directly using the following link: Thread: Site Origin Widgets Bundle. You’ll see our reply below your original posting.

Please, try the steps we originally outlined and let us know how that goes. We can advise on further troubleshooting steps if that fails. Thanks again.

• 8 years, 8 months ago Private Message - SiteOrigin Hi, I Work Here

This is a private message.

5. 8 years, 8 months ago SiteOrigin
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Suzanne and Anthea :)

An idea from the team is to check for a caching plugin. If you’re running one, please, clear its cache. That should resolve the challenge. If you’re using WP Engine or GoDaddy hosting you might not have a caching plugin but a separate hosting level cache reset option. Please, give that a try if it’s applicable.

6. 8 years, 8 months ago Suzanne Boles

Support Assistants.

1. Clearing Cache doesn’t work.

2. To delete the plugin and reinstall it means I will loose everything I put on my website because the plugin is all the widgets I’ve used for content and the grid. If I try reinstalling it and the grid is the only issue (which seems to be the problem)I still have a lot of time to put in to redo all my grids because they are used on every page. Is no one fixing this grid issue upgrade?

3. I’m I’m not getting your replies via e-mail. I did get the one from Althea. I came here today to look at the previous reply and saw your suggestion about dealing with the cache (which didn’t work for me). How can I get your replies to come into my e-mail? In the meantime could you e-mail your replies to me. Thank you.

7. 8 years, 8 months ago Suzanne Boles

My apologies. I was thinking you were referring to Cache on my browser. i don’t believe I have a Cache plugin on my website from what i can tell. I’m going to e-mail because I’m not getting notifications of your posts here. Thank you.

8. 8 years, 8 months ago SiteOrigin
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for the update. We’ll respond via email shortly.

9. 8 years, 7 months ago Theresa Kremer

Hello, I have the same issues with my ImageGrid. I already deactivated and deinstalled the plugin. Still no result.

Does someone has a solution? Thank You

10. 8 years, 7 months ago SiteOrigin
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Suzanne, Anthea and Theresa

Sincere apologies for the Image Grid hassles. We’ve found the issue and will release a hotfix version of the Widgets Bundle plugin that will resolve the challenge. The new version will be released in the next 24hrs. Thanks to everyone for their diligent reporting and patience, we really appreciate and are lucky to have users like yourselves.

The update will fix all Image Grids that are currently broken. Unfortunately, it will break all Image Grid widgets you’ve created since the problem started. Using Page Builder’s layout export/import feature, this is something we can resolve on a case by case basis. Suzanne, I’ll email you shortly with further details of the assistance we hope to offer.

11. 8 years, 7 months ago Suzanne Boles

Thank you for emailing me. I appreciate your help with this.

Warm regards,
    Suzanne

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More