Home>Support>Second menu

Second menu

By Anastasia, 9 years ago. Last reply by Daniel, 9 years ago.

Hi! I have one problem: I really need second menu, but Vantage theme doesn’t support it. I’ve already drew all icons for my second menu and I like it (for that I had to learn how to use photoshop, before that my skills were really bad). So I can’t accept the fact not to use my second menu.
Please give me an advice, how can i realise my second menu.
Of course, I tried to do it myself. I had to add a few lines of code in the template so that there was the possibility of adding another menu. Nevertheless, it is displayed vertically, rather than horizontally. To fix this, I installed the plugin UberMenu – WordPress Mega Menu Plugin. He made menu horizontal, not vertical. But the problem of the appearance of the menu has remained: the icons are small, less than its normal size, and I can not align them in the middle or the right side, as the main menu. I tried all day long to fix something in CSS file. But no result.
I don’t know what to do, so I ask your help.
My WP is on localhost, so I left the URL of the screenshot.

URL: https://plus.google.com/u/0/116320093035137856119/photos/photo/6140109763181557906?pid=6140109763181557906&oid=116320093035137856119

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 5 months ago Daniel
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Anastasia

Do you have a public URL where we can take a look at what’s going on? If you need to keep this URL private from other users, just select “Private Reply” on the bottom right of the comment box.

• 9 years, 5 months ago Anastasia

This is my first site, so I make everything on my localhost. I’ve attached a link (URL) to a screenshot of my problem. I understand, that isn’t enough. But what else can I do?

2. 9 years, 5 months ago Daniel
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Anastasia

This is not a tested solution for your case. Please give it a run and let me know the outcome.

If you navigate to Appearance > Custom CSS, you’ll get our custom CSS editor. Just add the following code.

.ubermenu-main { 
    float:right !important;
     }

.ubermenu-main .ubermenu-target .ubermenu-icon {
        height:45px !important;
        width: 45px !important;
    }

Cheers

3. 9 years, 5 months ago Anastasia

Oh, I understood. I followed your advice, but it didn’t help. Nothing changed. Even alignement stays on the left.
    Maybe it is not perceived as ubermenu?
    Maybe you can offer another way to make a second menu? I’ve tried to make it with standart WP-widget “arbitrary menu”. But it’s also not best decision, it has its own problems. I left it just for the last case.

4. 9 years, 5 months ago Anastasia

When I make a second menu with standard WP-widget “arbitrary menu”, it looks like that in the content, thanks to page-builder:
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/116320093035137856119/posts/3srTttcmKmj?pid=6140220757549011634&oid=116320093035137856119
    But it looks not good on other pages, that have a title. So I need it to be in the header. But in the header, it looks that way :
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/116320093035137856119/posts/GwVQ3Z7V1yq?pid=6140220865386554770&oid=116320093035137856119
    So maybe I can somehow fix the last one? To locate it before logo, with full size icons and align:center or justify?

5. 9 years, 5 months ago Daniel
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Anastasia

It is pretty tricky troubleshooting your issue without viewing it. Would you mind getting back to me, via this thread, when you have hosted it?

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

6. 9 years, 5 months ago Anastasia

OK, I think I’ll be back.

7. 9 years, 5 months ago Daniel
    Hi, I Work Here

Great. I will jump to it as soon as you notify me.

Thank you.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More