Home>Support>Search icon not displaying

Search icon not displaying

Here’s the site in question: http://192.185.52.142/~mvpcamp/ (It’s still in development; hence the temporary URL.)

We are using a child theme and noticed that the magnifying glass for the search in the menu is not showing up properly. Nor are the right/left arrows in the recent posts widget at the bottom of the page.

It seems to be something with the icons/sprites but I can’t pinpoint the issue.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 9 months ago SiteOrigin
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Jannmirch

Thanks for your question.

Your child style.css should only contain edited or new CSS rules, it shouldn’t contain the entire parent style.css contents. Let us know if you need a hand resolving the situation and we can advise further. The problem is that due to the style.css replication, your theme is searching for the icons in the child theme instead of the parent.

2. 8 years, 8 months ago jannmirch

It doesn’t seem to be recognizing the parent theme style sheet; which is why I replicated it. We are using the “custom CSS” options for the customizations. If I remove the “duplicate” styles the entire thing basically implodes.

We’re kinda in a time crunch (of course). Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

3. 8 years, 8 months ago jannmirch

OK. Disregard. The original thread I was referencing wasn’t showing the @import url for the parent style sheet. I found another post that used it. That did the trick for the CSS AND the child theme icons.

Thanks!

4. 8 years, 8 months ago SiteOrigin
    Hi, I Work Here

Super :) Glad to hear you’ve made progress. All the best with your site.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More