Home>Support>Reset vantage theme to original appearance

Reset vantage theme to original appearance

Hello,
I’m using the premium vantage theme, and I’m not too happy with the changes I’ve made on the Customise screen. Since there doesn’t seem to be an easy “reset to default” button, can you provide a list of the styles that it starts with by default?
Thanks!

Scott Rogers

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 10 years, 28 days ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

This is something we’re hoping will be added to the core of WordPress soon. Someone has suggested this feature on WordPress trac, but there’s no indication of if/when it’ll be available.

https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21666

Another option would be to modify the functions.php. Just add a call to remove_theme_mods. Load any page of your site, then edit the functions.php again and remove the remove_theme_mods line.

function vantage_setup() {
    	remove_theme_mods();
    	// The rest of the setup function ...
    }

This will remove all the theme mods. In addition to the customizer settings, this also includes your background image and custom menu assignments. Your custom menus will still exist, you’ll just need to reassign them.

2. 10 years, 23 days ago Scott Rogers

Hi Greg, thanks for the tip.

Unfortunately, it didn’t work as hoped. I edited /wp/wp-content/themes/vantage/functions.php as you suggested and added the remove_theme_mods(); line, saved the file, then reloaded the front page of the site, but all the customizations I’d made remained. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Here’s the exact code for your reference.

function vantage_setup() {

remove_theme_mods();

// Initialize SiteOrigin settings
    siteorigin_settings_init();

// Make the theme translatable
    load_theme_textdomain( ‘vantage’, get_template_directory() . ‘/languages’ );

// Add default posts and comments RSS feed links to head
    add_theme_support( ‘automatic-feed-links’ );

// Enable support for Post Thumbnails
    add_theme_support( ‘post-thumbnails’ );

add_theme_support( ‘siteorigin-panels’, array(
    ‘home-page’ => true,
    ‘margin-bottom’ => 35,
    ‘home-page-default’ => ‘default-home’,
    ‘home-demo-template’ => ‘home-panels.php’,
    ‘responsive’ => siteorigin_setting( ‘layout_responsive’ ),
    ) );

// This theme uses wp_nav_menu() in one location.
    register_nav_menus( array(
    ‘primary’ => __( ‘Primary Menu’, ‘vantage’ ),
    ) );

…… the vantage setup function continues.

Thank you for your assistance!

-Scott

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More