Home>Support>Problems with footer

Problems with footer

Hi everybody!
I have some problems with my footer page.
– First of all, in the SiteOrigin Social Media Button, the button of Facebook it’s not circular, it’s oval.
Image: http://i62.tinypic.com/2h6c8xs.png

– The second problem is the hypelinks in the footer. The problem is that when you click in some link that is not on the home page, the previous link joins the new link:
Example: www.calabeards.com/camisetas/www.calabeards.com/legal
Instead:
www.calabeards.com/legal

In Appearance > Theme Settings > General > Site Information Text, that’s the code

<a href="www.calabeards.com/politica-de-privacidad/"><span>Privacidad</span></a> | <a href="www.calabeards.com/aviso-legal/"><span>Legal</span></a> | <a href="www.calabeards.com/condiciones/"><span>Condiciones</span></a> | <a href="www.calabeards.com/faq/"><span>FAQ</span></a> | <a href="www.calabeards.com/contacto/"><span>Contacto</span></a> | new brand © 2015 calabeards.com ⤧

Thanks for the support :)

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 4 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Carlos

To solve the second issue, you’ll just need to add http:// to the front of the href attribute. So something like this.

<a href="http://www.calabeards.com/politica-de-privacidad/">

I can’t seem to load that TinyPic, so I can’t quite follow what you mean about the Facebook button. Can you try posting the image again.

2. 9 years, 4 months ago Carlos Alberto Sirvent Pérez

Ok, try in this link

Image: http://www.subirimagenes.net/i/150508115240943859.png

Thanks Greg!

3. 9 years, 4 months ago Magus
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Carlos

Could you tell me, are you using the PageBuilder Layout Widget in your footer or just using the individual Widgets.

Thanks

Magus

4. 9 years, 4 months ago Carlos Alberto Sirvent Pérez

Hi Magus!
    The individual.
    In Appearance > Widgets > Footer > SiteOrigin Social Media Buttons and I choose individually each one.
    I have another problem with this widget. I can’t change the color of “hover” option.
    So in this part I have 2 problems, the Facebook Icon seems oval, and I can’t change the color of the background when i “hover” the element.
    Thanks a lot.

5. 9 years, 4 months ago Magus
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Carlos

I see the issue and can replicate it. This is happening because of the shape of the facebook internal icon. The padding is set for icons that are square in shape so when it comes across an icon that is not you get this result.
    I will log this as a bug for now.

You can fix this with some custom CSS. Please navigate to Appearance->Custom CSS and enter the following.

.sow-social-media-button-facebook {
        padding: 1em 1.2em !important;
    }

For the hover on the buttons you can use this

#footer-widgets .widget .ow-button-hover:hover {
        color: #000000 !important;
        background-color: #ffffff !important
    }

Please change the colour values to suit your needs.

Let us know how you get on

Magus

6. 9 years, 4 months ago Carlos Alberto Sirvent Pérez

Thanks Magus!!
    It works!! :)

Well, i have the last question (It isn’t referring to the footer, but for no open a new thread, i post here).

It is in reference of the navigation menu. I want to “hover” the “active” page.
    Before the last update, it works but now, when I’m in the main menu, for example, the “Home” option in menu doesn’t “hover”.
    How can i change this?

Thanks a lot for all support! Nice work! :)

7. 9 years, 4 months ago Carlos Alberto Sirvent Pérez

Well, I managed to fix the question that i raised up by myself!
    For if you could serve a user , this is the solution:

In Appearance > Custom CSS

.main-navigation ul li.current-menu-item > a:hover { 
      background-color: #343538; 
      color: #ffffff;  
    }

Thanks to the team for the support and good job! :)

8. 9 years, 4 months ago Magus
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Carlos

Glad to know you have it working.

If you need any more help please don’t hesitate to open a new support thread.

Magus

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More