Home>Support>Problem with Google Map widget from Widget Bundle 1.5.4 in Vantage theme

Problem with Google Map widget from Widget Bundle 1.5.4 in Vantage theme

I’m having two problems with Google Map widget. I’ve created a row with Google Map widget and tried to locate the Map Center using the coordinates I’d gotten from Google Earth, namely, 44.6625305,-0.5417835. This produced an error msg. Since it’s a calculated value at the center of a set of points that will appear on the map, there is no address I can use in its place. Temporarily, I replaced the coords with the nearest town name. As yet, there are no markers on the map. When I Map Type = Interactive, I get a Google map. When I switch to Map Type = Static Image, I don’t. I would like to use Static Image, so I can specify the height and width of the map. What am I missing? Also, any idea of when I can locate Map Centers and Markers using coords instead of place names?

As I searched the SiteOrigin site for answers to my questions, I discovered a limitation in the Google Map widget, that it can only handle ten markers. That is a deal-breaker for me and I’ll need to switch to a plugin to get the capacity I need. Any thoughts on if and when the limitation might be removed?

Harvey

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 8 months ago SiteOrigin
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for your question Harvey. I’ve forwarded this onto our developers to take a look. They’ll assist ASAP.

2. 8 years, 8 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Harvey

As for the 10 marker limitation, this is something we resolved quite some time ago, so this is no longer an issue.

I’m not sure why those markers aren’t showing up properly though. Do you have a public URL we can take a look at?

3. 8 years, 8 months ago Harvey

Thanks for following up. I'm working on creating one. Perhaps this weekend.

4. 8 years, 8 months ago SiteOrigin
    Hi, I Work Here

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More