Home>Support>php 7 incompatibility

php 7 incompatibility

I recently tested my site’s php7 compatibility using siteground php tester and i have got results as below:

FILE: /home/begolfpr/public_html/wp-content/plugins/so-widgets-bundle/base/inc/lib/Less/SourceMap/Base64VLQ.php
—————————————————————————————————————
FOUND 3 ERRORS AFFECTING 1 LINE
156 | ERROR | Bitwise shifts by negative number will throw an ArithmeticError in PHP 7.0
156 | ERROR | Bitwise shifts by negative number will throw an ArithmeticError in PHP 7.0

FILE: /home/begolfpr/public_html/wp-content/plugins/so-widgets-bundle/base/inc/lib/Less/Parser.php
————————————————————————————————–
FOUND 0 ERRORS AND 3 WARNINGS AFFECTING 3 LINES
93 | WARNING | INI directive ‘mbstring.internal_encoding’ is deprecated since PHP 5.6.
94 | WARNING | INI directive ‘mbstring.internal_encoding’ is deprecated since PHP 5.6.
229 | WARNING | INI directive ‘mbstring.internal_encoding’ is deprecated since PHP 5.6.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 6 years, 10 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Jason,

We’ve looked into the highlighted issues in the past. These errors are coming up due to how the PHP 7 Compatability Checker checks for compatibility. It’s basically missing the context and the context prevents the issue from occurring and flagging it incorrectly as a result.

In other words, these “issues” are false positive and safe to ignore. You’re able to use either PHP 7 or PHP 7.1 without issue. We actively use PHP 7 during development so we can assure you – there are no issues with PHP 7.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More