Home>Support>Password protection

Password protection

I tried to password protect a page on my site civilwarlives.org and when you go to the page to log into the page, when you put the password in and push the button, it just stays on the page and the password disappears. How can I make the password protection work on a single page? Thanks!
Kevin

URL: http://www.civilwarlives.org

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 10 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Kevin

Are you by any chance using a plugin to control the password protection? I tested this with standard WordPress password protecting and everything seems to be working for me. The page should completely reload after you type in the password.

2. 8 years, 10 months ago Kevin112

No, I don’t have a plugin for password protection. I am trying to get into the page via IE and Firefox. Neither will let me in and I am logged off of the admin site.

3. 8 years, 10 months ago Kevin112

If it makes a difference, about half of the time, when I try to log into my website through the admin page, it won’t let me in unless I press the forgot password, then it lets me put my password in and I can log in. I am wondering if the theme is corrupted.

4. 8 years, 10 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

A good test to see if this is a theme related issue would be to switch to a default WordPress theme and see if you're still getting the issue.

Another step would be to try isolate any plugin issues. Can you try temporarily disabling all non-SiteOrigin plugins and see if you still get the issue?

5. 8 years, 10 months ago Kevin112

Ok, I switched to the default theme and it did the same thing. So, I am going to wait until they come out with the update on December 8th, to see if that fixes it and I will ask them at their forum about the issue.

If not, can you recommend any plugin that works with my Vantage theme, where I can just password protect one page? Thanks for your help. I’m new at this and I really appreciate it.

6. 8 years, 10 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Kevin

The default password protection that’s part of WordPress generally works quite well. The only thing I can think is that a separate plugin is interfering with it.

Can you try disabling all non-SiteOrigin plugins and see if this fixes the issue? If it does fix the issue, then try re-enabling your plugins one by one until the issue comes back. This procedure will help diagnose which plugin is causing the issue.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More