Home>Support>Page Builder problem after WP version 8.3.1 update

Page Builder problem after WP version 8.3.1 update

Hi there, I am using the Vantage theme, paid version. Today I upgraded to v 8.3.1 of WP. When I did this, my blog lost formatting of the homepage, so I updated Page Builder. Now I have the default theme format back on my homepage, which does not correlate to the format and content I have in my Page Builder interface (which carried over from before the update). I also am unable to edit anything within the widgets in Page Builder: I get a light stripe across my screen, and have to refresh the page to get it to go away (happens no matter what browser I use).

Help?

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 10 years, 6 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Ryan

Would it be possible for you to create a temporary admin account for me so I can look into this? You can create it for [email protected].

Hopefully we’ll be able to sort this out.

2. 10 years, 5 months ago Ryan Gray

Greg, did this ever go anywhere? I need to get this fixed.

Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2014 7:47 AM
    To: ‘[email protected]
    Subject: RE: [SiteOrigin] on “Page Builder problem after WP version 8.3.1 update”

Hi Greg, try going to appearance>homepage, then ‘edit’ any of the widgets. Also compare content on the interface to what is showing up on the actual page.

Your login is:
    [snip]

Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2014 4:28 AM
    To: Ryan Gray
    Subject: [SiteOrigin] on “Page Builder problem after WP version 8.3.1 update”

Hi Ryan Gray,
    Greg Priday has just written a new comment on “Page Builder problem after WP version 8.3.1 update”. Here an excerpt:
    Hi Ryan Would it be possible for you to create a temporary admin account for me so I can look into this? You can create it for [email protected]. Hopefully we’ll be able to sort this out.
    To read more click here.
    To unsubscribe this notification service, click here.

3. 10 years, 5 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

It turns out that this is a conflict issue with “EasyRotator for WordPress”. It seems like that plugin is adding its own scripts and styles to the Page Builder home page editor that are breaking the interface. If you disable this plugin, everything works as it should.

My only suggestion here would be to contact the developer of this plugin and ask them to not enqueue scripts and styles on pages outside their own interface. This is considered best practice.

I’ve also created a guide for diagnosing these sorts of issues if they come up in the future.

https://siteorigin.com/troubleshooting/identifying-plugin-conflicts/

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More