Home>Support>Page Builder Problem

Page Builder Problem

By mohrrj, 9 years ago. Last reply by Andrew Misplon, 9 years ago.

I am having the same problem as the previous thread.

Page Builder problem

I am using vantage theme. What I am finding is that I have a page called Gallery and a page called American Landscapes. If I designate the Parent as no parent, I have no problems. If I designate the parent as Gallery (which is built with page builder) AND I add a border to the widget (metaslider), then it reverts to the visual editor. To return to page builder mode, I have to go back to pages and reload the American Landscape page. At that point, it is back to page builder. But if I update again, it reverts back to Visual. So it seems to be a combination of using a parent page and changing the meta slider attributes. I can work around, but is there something I could do to not have this restriction?

URL: http://www.mohrjewelry.com

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 2 months ago mohrrj

Well, so much for reproducibility. I checked the above 3 times to make sure it was reproducible. But after I added some text to the text widget. It has converted to Visual and I can’t get it back to Page Builder. I will try reactivating all the plug ins and let you know if I make any progress.

2. 9 years, 2 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Mohrrj

Really sorry to hear about the hassle. Please try:

1. Run all pending updates from Dashboard > Updates.
    2. Temporarily de-activate all plugins except for: Page Builder, Meta Slider, Black Studio TinyMCE and Widgets Bundle if you use it. Turn all other plugins off.
    3. Re-test.

Thanks

3. 9 years, 2 months ago mohrrj

Still converts to Visual when I update, usually, not always.

>

4. 9 years, 2 months ago mohrrj

Just a little more information. Sometimes, when it converts to visual mode, the entire content region is blank. Again, if I exit and come back in, it is back to Page Builder. However, earlier in the day, no matter what I did, I couldn’t get back the page I had built. When it went back to page builder, it was all in a single text block (not the SiteOrgin text editor that I originally used). Also, if I make any other changes to the site, the page will not update until I go into the page and physically update. I’ve tried clearing cache, etc. and no difference. For example, if I change the meta slider format, it won’t take effect until I go back to the actual page and hit update. Also when I re-activated woo commerce, the correct menu items showed up on all other pages, but when on the American Landscape page it didn’t have the woo commerce menu until I went back into the page and updated.

Could it be a problem within this page? Should I just start from scratch?

>

5. 9 years, 2 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

That would be a good next test to try. Create a new page with a little demo content and see if the issue repeats. If that fails, please, could we take a look. Instructions for that to follow.

6. 9 years, 2 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

If no resolution found:
    //
    Would it be possible for you to create a temporary admin account for us so we can log in and take a look? You can create the account with the following email address:

[email protected]

Just navigate to Users > Add New in your WordPress admin. Enter siteorigin for the username and [email protected] for the email address. Make sure you’ve selected Administrator for the role and enabled the “Send Password” field so we receive the details.

Once we’re finished taking a look, you can delete this account. We’ll let you know when to do that.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More