Home>Support>Page Builder Issue

Page Builder Issue

I have SmartMag theme installed, which came packaged with SiteOrigin PageBuilder v1.3.7.1-mod. However, this has stopped working. Pagebuilder itself still works, and I am able to add rows for example, but when i try to add a widget or block, these are not clickable, and therefore I cannot add them to the page. I thought this might be a js conflict, but the same happens when all plugins are disabled. I also thought there may be a more recent version (which there is), but when i upgrade to this, and activate it, there is still a reminder at the top that this theme requires SiteOrigin Pagebuilder?! The updated plugin does work, but DOES NOT show ‘blocks’, just page widgets. Therefore, any existing blocks that page had embedded ie. ‘highlights’ block, are showing as missing, and need to be installed – which i cannot do.

PLEASE HELP!

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Scott

It sounds like you’re working with a forked version of Page Builder. We’re currently on version 1.5.3. In these cases we’re unfortunately unable to offer support as you’re no longer using our plugin, you’re using an edited version (forked). Support would need to go the authors.

It’s possible that you might be able to move away from the forked version to the official version but the authors would need to assist with removing the theme requirement message you’re seeing.

Page Builder original operates with rows, columns and widgets. I haven’t heard of a Highlights Block before. It’s possible that something like this was part of the forked version. To get an overview of how Page Builder original looks and functions you could watch our quick intro video: https://siteorigin.com/page-builder/documentation/.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More