Home>Support>Page Builder and WordPress 2014 Theme

Page Builder and WordPress 2014 Theme

By Technomad, 9 years ago. Last reply by Andrew Misplon, 9 years ago.

I’m still very much on the learning curve for Page Builder and have created a simple page with two widgets – arbitrary text and a list of previous posts. However, the Page Builder elements don’t seem to be inheriting the CSS of the theme (looks fine in Editor mode though) and I can’t find any way to force an override – PB 1.5.3/WP 3.9. Am I to assume that PB is only intended for use with siteorigin themes?

Thanks
Richard

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Technomad

Twenty Fourteen expects all of it’s widgets to be displayed on a dark background, unfortunately meaning that it’s not quite ready for Page Builder. Below are a set of CSS selectors that can help. Download and activate a plugin like Simple Custom CSS and insert the below into that plugin’s interface. Hope that helps.

/* Page Builder Twenty Fourteen Primary Content Area Input Fields, Links & Widget Titles */

#primary .widget input,
    #primary .widget textarea {
        border: 1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1);
        border-radius: 2px;
        color: #2b2b2b;
        padding: 8px 10px 7px;
    }

#primary .widget textarea {
        width: 100%;
    }

#primary .widget input:focus,
    #primary .widget textarea:focus {
        border: 1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3);
        outline: 0;
    }

#primary .widget a {
    	color: #24890d;
    }

#primary .widget a:hover {
    	text-decoration: underline;
    }

#primary .widget-title {
    	color: #111;
    }

2. 9 years, 11 months ago Technomad

Andrew, that’s perfect, thanks – Yep, it does indeed look like 2014 assumes you’re not going to be using widgets in entries with a white background. That’s an inheritance model they could do with fixing! Thanks again for your help :)

3. 9 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Super, glad to hear that did the trick! All the best.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More