Home>Support>Influence Static Front Page – Primary Width 100% – Sidebar displays underneath

Influence Static Front Page – Primary Width 100% – Sidebar displays underneath

By Kevin, 9 years ago. Last reply by Andrew Misplon, 9 years ago.
media="all"
body.page-template-templatestemplate-full-php #primary, body.siteorigin-panels-home #primary, body.page-template-templatestemplate-full-no-title-php #primary {
float: none;
width: 100%;
}

media="all"
body.has-main-sidebar #primary {
float: left;
width: 70%;
}

For some reason the 70% width and float:left are being overridden on my static front page. This happens on any page I set to be the static front page. Otherwise they render correctly.

Blog (Post) pages appear correctly when set to the front page.

URL: http://br-itconsulting.com/wp

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 10 months ago Kevin

I’ve just found it corrects itself if I deactivate the Page Builder plugin.

2. 9 years, 10 months ago Kevin

And the problem comes back when I reactivate the Page Builder!

Also, the menu bar overlaps the slider when the site description is enabled under the logo/site name. Can I correct this?

3. 9 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Kevin

Sorry to hear about the hassle. Please head to Pages > Home and perhaps try change the page template from Page Builder Home to Default template if you’re using the sidebar. Any change there?

4. 9 years, 10 months ago Kevin

Thanks Andrew. ‘Fraid not. All the pages are set to the default template. (There is no “Page Builder Home” option) They all exhibit the same behaviour when set to the front page.

5. 9 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Mmm we’re a bit stumped. Could you perhaps mail us on [email protected] and send through a temporary set of login details and your url. Please send everything in one email and link back to this thread so we know the context. Thanks.

6. 9 years, 10 months ago Kevin

Sure. I’ve been experimenting with the page builder, which is great, and have tried reproducing the content of the sidebar on a homepage, but the ‘look’ is slightly different from the rest of the pages. Not a huge deal, but thanks for the interest.

7. 9 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

For sure.

We think we’ve located the source of the problem. It will be resolved in Page Builder 2.0 launching a bit later this year.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More