Home>Support>How To Add Media In The Same Way Since Changing to WP 4.0

How To Add Media In The Same Way Since Changing to WP 4.0

I noticed today that the add media button has disappeared. After researching why, on this forum, I understand that it is not available at this time since the WP 4.0 upgrade.
However, my problem is that the old “Add Media” button allowed us to insert an image box that read “Image” in the list of widgets in the page builder. It was extremely helpful, because I could tell it apart from my visual editor widgets. Now I have to know that link of the image to put it in with the image widget, which is a huge added step.
To insert an image now, it seems I have to do it through the visual editor widget, but once it’s in the list of boxes, there is no way to tell if it is an image or a piece of writing because they both read “Visual Editor”.
Also, the image places itself differently on the live page than it use to, and there are a bunch more steps to get it to sit properly. It is acting like a generic WP image with a frame around it, instead of the taking up the allotted space that page builder used to give it.
What do I do? We run a huge image-based site, and page builder has been a dream to use. This is really a problem! www.outwestsaddlery.com

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Terri

Perhaps give the image widget in our Widget Bundle plugin a try:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/so-widgets-bundle/

Hopefully that’ll work better for you than the default image widget.

2. 9 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Alternatively we can try help you sort out the CSS issues that are making the image appear differently when inserted via the Visual Editor widget vs the Image widget.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More