Home>Support>Header Text does not retain inline formatting after updating to Vantage 2.3

Header Text does not retain inline formatting after updating to Vantage 2.3

By endrest, 9 years ago. Last reply by Greg Priday, 9 years ago.

I updated Vantage Premium and noticed that the Header Text does not retain any formatting I may have put in that field, e.g.:

215-555-5555
Call now for a free evaluation

All inline formatting is stripped out and just shows:

Call now for a free evaluation215-555-5555

The most-recent version (v2.2.3, IIRC) used to work –was that a bug acting as a feature? Can this ‘feature’ be brought back?

** I didn’t see the 2.3 update to the changelog, either.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 7 months ago endrest

I updated Vantage Premium and noticed that the Header Text does not retain any formatting I may have put in that field, e.g.:

<div class="header-num">215-555-5555</div><br><div class="header-copy">Call now for a free evaluation</div>

All inline formatting is stripped out and just shows:

Call now for a free evaluation215-555-5555

**couldn’t edit the prior post –forgot to add code tags to show the inline formatting.

2. 9 years, 7 months ago endrest

As of updating to Vantage 2.3.1, I can confirm that this functionality is restored and no longer strips out any HTML.

thank you!

3. 9 years, 7 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Glad to hear the update fixed the issue! We just changed how we were sanitizing this data. The sanitization is slightly more complex, but it does allow HTML through.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More