Home>Support>Header text
  1. 9 years, 9 months ago HavaWorkman

I would like to know this also, so I’m posting so I can receive notification when an answer is posted. :)

2. 9 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Bhanu

One option would be to remove the Header Text from Appearance > Theme Settings > Logo > Header Text and instead use the header widget area at Appearance > Widgets > Header. If you insert the Visual Editor widget into the header widget area and ensure the toolbar is toggled you can set h1, h2, h3 etc. To get access to the Visual Editor widget you’ll first need to have installed: http://wordpress.org/plugins/black-studio-tinymce-widget/

Alternatively you can style the header text by inserting the following under Appearance > Custom CSS:

/* Vantage Support Text */

header#masthead hgroup .support-text {
    color: #4b4b4b;
    font-size: 13px;
    font-style: italic;
    }

Set the color and font size as required. To change italic to regular text swap the word italic out with the word normal. Examples: http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_font_font-style.asp

3. 9 years, 9 months ago Bhanu Chaudhary

Thanks Andrew. It worked.
    But on changing the font size menu width is also changing. How can we change the font size without changing menu width ?

4. 9 years, 9 months ago HavaWorkman

Same thing as with the other thread – I’ve changed the custom CSS and it doesn’t reflect that change when I refresh the page. Is there some sort of setting that I need to put into place so that the website knows to pay attention to the custom CSS?

Havilah

5. 9 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Apologies, there was a missing period in my CSS, please rather use:

/* Vantage Support Text */

header#masthead .hgroup .support-text {
    color: #4b4b4b;
    font-size: 13px;
    font-style: italic;
    }

6. 9 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Bhanu, if you’re still seeing the menu change after using the updated CSS above just let me know and I’ll take a look. In that event please send through a link to your site. Thanks.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More