Home>Support>Header Issue Since Upgrade to WP 4.0

Header Issue Since Upgrade to WP 4.0

By Dublin-Tim, 10 years ago. Last reply by Andrew Misplon, 10 years ago.

Hello, all was well with my Vantage theme until I upgraded to WordPress 4.0 this morning. Now I am getting the following error:

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 1 in /home/soccerte/public_html/3v3.ie/wp/wp-includes/class-wp.php on line 204

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 1 in /home/soccerte/public_html/3v3.ie/wp/wp-includes/class-wp.php on line 205

URL: http://3v3.ie/wp/3v3_registration

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 10 years, 23 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Tim

Sorry to hear about this. I took a look at the WP.org forums and it appears several users have recently reported this error.

Please can you try:

1. Run any available plugin updates from Dashboard > Updates. If you have a Vantage update pending, run that too.

2. Switch to Twenty Fourteen or any other default WordPress theme, does the issue persist?

3. Temporarily de-activate all plugins. Does the issue persist? If not, activate your plugins one by one.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More