Home>Support>Getting Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘}’ in /home3/ab40315/public_html/wp-content/themes/vantage/functions.php on line 157

Getting Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘}’ in /home3/ab40315/public_html/wp-content/themes/vantage/functions.php on line 157

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS: MY SITE IS NOT RESPONDING and cant get the editor to work

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘}’ in /home3/ab40315/public_html/wp-content/themes/vantage/functions.php on line 157

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 9 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Andreas

Have you by any chance made any modifications to your theme files? This can cause these sorts of syntax errors. I’d suggest reinstalling Vantage in this case.

2. 8 years, 9 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

You can do this by logging into your FTP, navigating to wp-content/themes/ and deleting the Vantage folder. From there, you can just install Vantage from the ZIP file.

3. 8 years, 9 months ago Andreas Heck

I connected to the site via FTP and replaced the faulty functions.php with the one from vantage.zip theme. Site is running again.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More