Home>Support>For anyone having problems with PageBuilder 1.5.2 & 1.5.3

For anyone having problems with PageBuilder 1.5.2 & 1.5.3

If you’re having issues with the new versions and want to go back to the last one that worked fully (1.5.1), its pretty simple.

1. Download the 1.5.1 release of PageBuilder from WordPress; https://wordpress.org/plugins/siteorigin-panels/developers/

Click on the 1.5.1 to download the zip file.

2. Login to your websites cPanel and upload the zip file into wp-content > plugins > siteorigin-panels.

3. Select all files and folders EXCEPT the zip file you just uploaded, and compress it into a folder called whatever you like. This is a backup incase you need to restore what you had.

4. Delete all the old files and folders, EXCEPT the zip file you just uploaded, and the compressed file you just made.

5. Extract the zip file you uploaded – siteorigin-panels 1.5.1. Make sure all the files and folders are in this directory wp-content > plugins > siteorigin-panels. (i.e. no additional folders).

6. Refresh your website and you should now be back to 1.5.1. Everything works as normal, and you can still use the WordPress Updates area to update PageBuilder in the future, once any issues are ironed out.

Hope that helps.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 10 years, 5 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Nature Spy

Good to hear from you. Thanks very much for this helpful post, this kind of input really helps the forum grow and help others.

Do you know of any problems besides plugin conflicts that are being experienced with 1.5.3? 1.5.3 resolved the two major 1.5.2 bugs of the disappearing Appearance > Home Page menu item and content dumping above Post Loop widgets. If you’ve seen any other bugs please let us know.

2. 10 years, 5 days ago Nature Spy

Hi Andrew,

I resorted to 1.5.1 after updating to 1.5.2; I’m sure 1.5.3 fixes the problems, but just wanted to wait to see if anyone was having problems, and checking this thread I saw that a few people did, therefore just waiting a little longer…!

Just thought posting the above might help you out because I for one really appreciate your support and the excellent plugins and themes. Noticed a few people were being less than nice and hopefully this post will reduce those kind of comments…!!!!

Cheers

3. 10 years, 5 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Super, thanks for the additional info here. There shouldn’t be any issues waiting for 1.5.4.

Appreciate your support!

Chat soon.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More