Home>Support>Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array

Today I have updated Page Builder by SiteOrigin version 2.0.1. After this, I was no longer able to create new page/post. The old pages created with the old version of Page Builder were working fine.
The following error for all new or edited page:

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home2/injoygrp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/siteorigin-panels/inc/styles.php on line 331

I have tried to deactivate all the non Page Builder plugins. Still not working. When I deactivate Page Builder by SiteOrigin, the new page was showing up without any problem. However by deactivating this plugin, all my previously created pages were all jumbo up.

Please help.

regards,
jerry

URL: http://www.injoygroup.com.au/test-2/

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 9 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Jerry

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. I can see where in the code that issue is being triggered, but I can’t figure out what would be causing it. I’ll add some hardening to that part of the code to try prevent the issue coming up.

In the mean time, you can roll back to a previous version of Page Builder, like 1.5.4. You can download that here:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/siteorigin-panels/developers/

When you see the 2.0.3 update available, you should be able to update.

2. 9 years, 9 months ago Jerry Ly

Thank you Greg. After roll back to previous version of Page Builder 1.5.4, everything works again.

Can’t wait to test out version 2.0.3.

3. 9 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Jerry

Sorry for the hassle. 2.0.3 is now out if you’d like to give that a spin.

4. 9 years, 9 months ago Jerry Ly

Hi Andrew,

I have updated the plugin to version 2.0.3. created a test page.
    Still received the error:
    Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home2/injoygrp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/siteorigin-panels/inc/styles.php on line 331

5. 9 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Sorry to hear that. Please try deleting Page Builder as well as the Widget Bundle if you have that installed. All data will be safe. Do a quick backup from Tools > Export just in case. Then re-install both plugins. If the issue is still not resolved, please test with all plugins not made by SiteOrigin de-activated. De-activate them all at one time. If the issue continues, try switching to a default theme like Twenty Thirteen and re-test.

6. 9 years, 7 months ago Chris Risse

I am having the same issue with a single blog and have been unable to determine the cause or a fix. The problem first occurred in version 2.0.1, which was only fixed by recreating the page. Now the error appears after saving any page, with or without using page builder.

Here is what I have tried:
    – Disabled All Plugins
    – Tried various versions of the page builder plugin
    – Recreating page from scratch
    – Default themes
    – Database edits

Here is what I know:
    The issue seems to lie with the saved data array for the page builder in the posts_meta table – meta_key panels_data, and possibly page revisions. By clearing the cell, or removing the cell, the associated page will display, but without the page builder data (of course).

Any insight and resolutions with this issue is greatly appreciated.

• 9 years, 7 months ago Andrew Misplon
      Hi, I Work Here

Hi Chris

Sorry to hear about the hassle. I’m sure Greg will be keen to take a look. Please can you open a new support thread for us:

Page: New Thread

Once you have, please post the link here and I’ll forward it to Greg.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More