Home>Support>child theme

child theme

By Marilyn, 9 years ago. Last reply by Andrew Misplon, 9 years ago.

I’m having issues with two home pages being generated in the menu. I’d like to start over because I think I started with the premium theme activated before creating a child theme. Then I created a child theme and … looks like it goes back and forth. Not sure… What’s the best way to get a clean start over?

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Marilynlee17

I’m not sure you need to start over. It shouldn’t matter when you create your child theme. Have you tried creating a custom menu and assigning that to the theme’s primary menu location? If not, that can be done from Appearance > Menus. There you can create a custom menu with the pages you require, once done save it and ensure you’ve checked the Primary Menu location checkbox near the bottom of the screen.

Let us know and we’ll take it from there.

2. 9 years, 6 months ago Marilyn

Thanks Andrew.

In the meantime I’ve got it fixed. I downloaded the vanilla child theme referenced in another post and installed and it fixed the 2 home pages and menu issue.

3. 9 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Super, really glad to hear you made progress here.

All the best.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More