Home>Support>Changing Header Photo Size

Changing Header Photo Size

I’d like to increase the masthead (photo) size for my website. I use the premium template. I’ve been through a few of the old threads, then thought it best to save time and ask what has been working most recently. Should I add certain code to the CSS editor or use an additional plugin to edit the header size? There is one popular plugin referenced on these threads.

Thanks.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 8 months ago C Catchings

In case I wasn’t clear above: part of the photo I added to the masthead customize section was cut off in height in the above post. After posting the above, I played around with the customize section and edited the padding size under customize, general until I got a good fit in the website format for the length of my photo. That fixed the height issue. The fit is still off in terms of width, now due to the size of the photo itself or due to a padding issue. I can experiment with a different sized photo later. Either the background masthead color option is there because the length will always be the ordinary length or it’s just there as an additional option. It is possible to get a full length photo (covering the width of the website header without need of a background color), right?

Thanks

2. 8 years, 8 months ago C Catchings

correction to above: “”I played around with the customize section and edited the padding size under customize, general until I got a good fit in the website format for the height* of my photo”

3. 8 years, 8 months ago C Catchings

correction to above: “”I played around with the customize section .. until I got a good fit in the website format for the height* of my photo”

4. 8 years, 8 months ago SiteOrigin
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi C

Do you have a public URL where we can take a look at what’s going on? If you need to keep this URL private from other users, just select “Private Reply” on the bottom right of the comment box.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More