Home>Support>Black TinyMCE not appearing in widget list in Page Builder in WordPress 3.9.2

Black TinyMCE not appearing in widget list in Page Builder in WordPress 3.9.2

By Greg Oswald, 10 years ago. Last reply by janaka, 9 years ago.

I am trying PB for the first time and am not a coder. I am extremely satisfied with most features and have had no problem except for this:

Following all directions for installation and activation, BlackTinyMCE does not appear in the PB widget list. I re-installed/activated the old Ultimate TinyMCE plugin in addition to the newer WP Edit. All features appear when accessing the Visual Editor widget directly in WP Dashboard/Appearance/Widgets. In a previous support thread, the instructions were to “refresh the interface” and the widget would appear. To what type of action are you referring? I was unable to find any other reference to this process and would like to know what exact action this refers to and in what acreen to perform it in. Please help.

URL: http://whchev140.org

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 10 years, 1 month ago Greg Oswald

Miracles do happen! Now it works!

2. 10 years, 26 days ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Greg

Glad to hear it started showing up! It might have just been a temporary caching issue :)

3. 10 years, 10 days ago Greg Oswald

Okay…I give up. WP Gremlins… The Black Tinymce widget is displaying as expected with all the selected editing icons in the Appearance/Widgets options section of the Dashboard, but when I use the Visual Editor in editing a page in page builder, the Visual option displays with only the two tabs and, even then does not allow me to enter text except in the HTML option. I have deleted my cache and also edited incommunicado. I am apparently missing something very basic here. This happens even when I select to edit outside of page builder. On the other sites I manage without page builder, I have no problem editing visually. In a previous response, you mentioned the term “refresh the widget and it should appear”. What procedure were you referring to, and where? I understand “refresh” but not in this context.

4. 10 years, 10 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Greg

Hopefully I’m not missing you here but to confirm, it’s not possible to edit Page Builder via the regular Visual and Text tabs. You can only edit Page Builder content via the Page Builder tab. The widget that belongs to Black Studio TinyMCE is called the Visual Editor widget. It sounds like you’re up to speed on that, I just wanted to, as with the above, confirm.

5. 10 years, 10 days ago Greg Oswald

In the Visual Editor under no circumstances, either while using Page Builder or not, am I able to edit visually, meaning I cannot enter anything in the text area, just the title field. I can type in the text area only when if I use the HTML tab, but since I don’t know HTML it’s useless to me.

Are there any known conflicts with other plugins or widgets? I am using WP 4.0.

6. 10 years, 10 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Ok with you. What you could do here is temporarily de-activate all your plugins except for Page Builder and Black Studio. Then re-test and see if there is any change. If there is, re-activate your plugins one by one while checkin the problem.

7. 9 years, 4 months ago janaka

Hello,

I am having exactly the same issue. It worked before without any problem (Black Studio TinyMCE Widget in Page Builder by SiteOrigin). But yesterday when I open a page with page builder and then click on the edit, the visual editor opened but with just the “Title” and there is no any content below.

When I try the widget on side bars it works witout any problem, but in the page builder its not.

The site is OK still it shows the old works I have done, but now I cannot add anything or edit the old content in page builder, created from visual editor.

could you please please help,

thanks
    janaka

• 9 years, 4 months ago Andrew Misplon
      Hi, I Work Here

Hi Janaka

We’d like to help you, but can you please start a new thread with your question? We can only offer you the best support possible when you’re the owner of a thread.

Page: New Thread

If you’re a premium user, please be sure to enter your order number so we can properly prioritize your thread.

8. 9 years, 4 months ago janaka

thanks, just opened it.

janaka

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More