Home>Support>Acf 5 Widgets

Acf 5 Widgets

I use the ACF 5 to create custom fields for widgets.

I would use the Page Builder to create the pages, however the custom fields do not appear in widgets in the Page Builder editor.

I have seen many users looking for that integration.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Fagner

Thanks for reaching out. For sure, it’s been requested and we have it logged. I’ll give it a bump now. Hopefully we’ll see it implemented soon.

2. 9 years, 7 months ago Steffen Rüther

Hi Andrew,

any news or updates about the compatibility of ACF5 custom fields in widgets?

Best
    21st steffen

• 9 years, 7 months ago Andrew Misplon
      Hi, I Work Here

Unfortunately not yet, it’s been logged as a request and bumped a few times. Sorry I don’t have better news. I’m sure the guys will take a look as soon as they can.

3. 9 years, 5 months ago Andres Stennert

Any news on this one?

• 9 years, 5 months ago Andrew Misplon
      Hi, I Work Here

Hi Andres

We had this logged. When the case came up for review we looked into it. It looked to us as though this was a feature in a beta version and the beta version was released and then retracted. If you’re able to help out and perhaps send through a link to a page on ACF’s website with info on the widget custom field feature I can re-log the bug.

4. 9 years, 5 months ago Fagner Guimarães

Andrew

This feature is present in the final version of the ACF 5 Pro. It is a paid version, which is not available in the WordPress dashboard. If you want I can send you the plugin, for the purpose of testing and development. I need an email.

http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/whats-new-version-5/ (under
    New Locations)

Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for explaining. I guess we should have mailed the developer when we looked into these reports and couldn’t find the version.

Yeah, that would be great. We’ll use the copy exclusively for testing. You can reach me at [email protected]. Thanks for helping out.

5. 9 years, 5 months ago Fagner Guimarães

Done.

Hi, I Work Here

Super, thanks. We’ll look into this ASAP.

• 9 years, 5 months ago funkyphenix

Hi Andrew
        I weigh in to say that the compatibility with ACF5 Widgets would be a very much appreciated feature.
        This is the only thing right now preventing me from implementing Page Builder on one of my client website.

Do you have any timeframe for that?

Thanks

Hi, I Work Here

For sure :) We appreciate the support. Let me chat to Greg quickly.

Hi, I Work Here

We unfortunately haven’t had a chance to take a look at it yet. I just bumped the request. Hopefully it’ll get looked at very soon. We’re a small team :)

If at all possible, it would be super helpful if everyone could also drop ACF a request. There is a good chance that the compatibility code will need to come from their side.

6. 9 years, 3 months ago Ryan Scott Miller

Hey guys,

Thanks for getting this going. I’ve also reached out to Elliot at ACF about figuring out why ACF widgets are currently not compatible with Page Builder. This is a HUGE feature for me. I’m looking deploy about 1000 sites with end user Page Builder implementation, but it’s necessary that custom widgets are used.

Just throwing my two cents into the bucket. Andrew, thanks for all your small team does. We all appreciate it in the WP community.

-Ryan

7. 9 years, 3 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for the bump Ryan, much appreciated. If Elliot could find the time to take a look it would be awesome. Page Builder does a few unusual things with widget areas, as a result the fix does often need to come from the developer. Page Builder has 400,000+ active installs now so hopefully the user base is a bit of a motivation to jump in and check it out.

We’re growing but still really small. I have chatted to Greg about this on a couple of occasions, he unfortunately hasn’t had a chance to jump in yet. We’re only 2 guys on the coding front covering a lot of products so he has his plate pretty full at the moment. I realise this is no comfort when you need to get something fixed. Really wish I had better news. Unfortunately at the moment we’re in the same position. I’ll continue to request time for this on my side. Hopefully a gap will open up soon.

8. 9 years, 2 months ago funkyphenix

Hi guys

Any update on this?

Thanks

• 9 years, 2 months ago Andrew Misplon
      Hi, I Work Here

Sorry @funkyphenix, no update at the moment. Wish I had more.

(Please keep your eye on our Twitter feed. In the next week or two we’ll be releasing a Custom Post Types plugin focussed on Page Builder. You might find it handy.)

9. 9 years, 12 days ago Dave Matthews

Hi Andrew, I thought I would weigh in here. I’d love to see some integration with ACFPro.

What about the news on Custom Fields Type (I thought I saw something last night, but buggered if I can find it today lol)

• 9 years, 12 days ago Dave Matthews

sorry, that last line was suppose to be about Custom Posts Type

10. 9 years, 12 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Definitely. You’re not alone on this one. Thanks for adding your voice here. Greg is away for a bit. I’ll chat to him about the Custom Post Type plugin when he gets back and update you guys then. Thanks again for the feedback.

• 9 years, 8 days ago Andrew Misplon
      Hi, I Work Here

Hey Dave

The super beta version of our custom post types plugin is here:

https://github.com/siteorigin/so-cpt-builder

Not yet recommended for production environments. At this point we’d welcome feedback from anyone prepared to give it a try,

11. 8 years, 9 months ago Lee Pang

Just wanted to bump this.
    Thanks for the great plugin.

This would make development and end-user usability way more fluid. Making widget fields isn’t terribly difficult, but on a site that is already equipped with ACF5 Pro, having it integrated with PageBuilder just makes sense.

A user on this forum and the owner of Mountain Themes posted up a plugin, but it isn’t well documented at all so I couldn’t get it working. Any solution to get this feature working would be great.

• 8 years, 9 months ago SiteOrigin
      Hi, I Work Here

Hi Lee

Thanks for your interest in this challenge. Unfortunately, we don’t yet have an update. I’ll be sure to follow-up with our development team.

12. 7 years, 10 months ago brmoore

Just wondering if there is an update on this. It’s been almost 2 years ago that this was opened and I was hoping that there was some way to do this now. I see that the ACF fields get included in the widgets, but it doesn’t appear to save the data on update. Any way to save it?

Thanks!

13. 7 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Unfortunately, not yet. You can watch the issue here where there is a bit of further discussion: https://github.com/siteorigin/siteorigin-panels/issues/86. I’ve bumped the issue with the team.

14. 7 years, 10 months ago brmoore

Thanks Andrew, any ETA on getting the two plugins working together or is it up in the air at this point?

15. 7 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

It isn’t the same challenge as this thread is about widget fields but on a different note, there is this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/acf-page-builder-field/.

I see at the above GitHub link, Braam mentioned it being a big project. Let me follow-up with him and Greg tomorrow and try get further feedback on what the size of the job was when they last checked it out. I’ll come back to you tomorrow. Thanks.

16. 7 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for the wait. I’ve chatted with the team. Unfortunately, at this stage, we can’t say when this issue will be looked at. It’s something we’d also like to see completed by due to the issues in front of this and the size of the job, it isn’t currently possible. Page Builder is developed openly on GitHub so it would be awesome if the community could assist us with this task. We’ve had some really useful contributions to Page Builder in the past, just not on this particular challenge. In the GitHub issue I linked above, it looks like Dimitrov got quite far but didn’t submit a pull request.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More