Home>Support>SiteOrigin CSS Plugin Crashes, even after re-installing

SiteOrigin CSS Plugin Crashes, even after re-installing

Hi, I am not sure what happened but when I try to load the plugin, it crashes the site.
I was previously able to create some CSS for something – I just need to edit it but it’s not letting me.

I’ve tried uninstalling the plugin and re-installing but I don’t think it completely uninstalls as it has remembered the css settings from before.

Is there a way to completely uninstall this plugin (even after deactivating/deleting from plugin area)?

The site I am having problems with is built in exactly the same way with the same base theme as all the other sites we create.

Please advise as I would really like to use your plugin but it is freezing.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 2 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Steve

Thanks for reaching out.

When able, please, try checking for a working baseline. Temporarily deactivate all plugins except for SiteOrigin CSS. Does the issue persist in that state?

2. 2 years, 11 months ago Steve Anson

Hi Andrew,

After rigorous on/off of all plugins, I have identified the T4B News Ticker as the culprit. This, for some reason, doesn’t allow the SiteOriginCSS program to open up, which is annoying as I need SiteOrigin to edit this particular feature.

Is there something that can be done to allow the 2 to work harmoniously?

3. 2 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Steve

Thanks for the update.

Does the issue persist if you only activate SO CSS and T4B? If the issue does persist, please, try checking for console errors when opening SO CSS. Here is how:

https://wordpress.org/support/article/using-your-browser-to-diagnose-javascript-errors/#step-3-diagnosis

If errors are present in red text, please, upload to imgur.com or WeTransfer or Dropbox or similar and send the link.

Thanks

4. 2 years, 11 months ago Steve Anson

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, the issue persists with all plugins off, except SO CSS & T4B.

I tried checking the console for errors but it crashed before it could even report any errors. I had to force quit Chrome to get out of the freeze.

Please see screenshot here : https://bayardscoveinn.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Screenshot-2021-10-13-at-11.13.02.png

Any ideas?

5. 2 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for the update.

I installed T4B but am unable to replicate the issue at this time. PHP error logging might pick up the issue. Here is how you can enable debug and debug logging:

https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-set-up-wordpress-error-logs-in-wp-config/

6. 2 years, 11 months ago Steve Anson

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the tip. I set the console errors up, but nothing was recorded. Something odd going on for sure..

7. 2 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Steve

Thanks for your feedback.

To confirm, you’ve inserted into your wp-config.php file:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG_DISPLAY', true );

After recreating the issue did you find a debug.log file in your /wp-content/ folder?

Once you’ve finished troubleshooting you can change WP_DEBUG to false and remove the other two constants.

8. 2 years, 11 months ago Steve Anson

Hi Andrew,

Yes. Unfortunately no deblog log file was created. I think it’s crashing before it can report anything.

Am I able to give you login details to check??

9. 2 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Steve

Would it be possible for you to create a temporary admin account for us so we can log in and take a look? You can create the account with the following email address:

Private Snippet

Just navigate to UsersAdd New in your WordPress admin. Enter siteorigin for the username and Private Snippet for the email address. Make sure you’ve selected Administrator for the role and enabled the Send Password field so we receive the details.

Once we’re finished taking a look, you can delete this account. We’ll let you know when to do that.

10. 2 years, 11 months ago Steve Anson

Thanks Andrew, appreciate you taking a look. I have sent you the details.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

11. 2 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Steve

Thanks for the update. The emails should be arriving here for the account. Is the email address in use for the account:

[email protected]

12. 2 years, 11 months ago Steve Anson

Hi Andrew,

Yes, I simply copied and pasted and created the new user as suggested. Do you have a direct email I can send you the password to login?

13. 2 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Steve

Thanks. If you can change the account to [email protected] we’ll reset the password again.

Cheers

14. 2 years, 11 months ago Steve Anson

Hi Andrew,

I have now changed this for you.

15. 2 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Steve

Thanks for the details.

Alex at SiteOrigin and I have both taken a look. Our guess is there is a three-way conflict. We’re still unable to replicate the T4B issue locally. When you have time and if possible, please, could you try the following baseline test.

* Does the issue persist with a default theme like Twenty Nineteen activated AND with all plugins deactivated except for SO CSS and T4B?

Thanks again.

16. 2 years, 11 months ago Steve Anson

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for looking into this further for me. I am reluctant to do too much to interrupt the site as it is now handling gift vouchers for customers. I can only presume this can’t be fixed on here, as we only use the same theme and same builder for all sites.

17. 2 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Steve

Thanks for the update. For a busy site, you’d either need to pick a low traffic period and use a maintenance mode plugin to test OR set up a staging/testing site either online or locally. Some hosts make setting up a staging site very easy.

What theme are you currently using? Is a child theme in use?

18. 2 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

I seem to be able to use OceanWP, T4B, and SO CSS locally without issue. T4B might be the easiest to replace in your site if you’d like to workaround the problem that way.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More