Home>Support>404 error for Hero Widget CSS

404 error for Hero Widget CSS

I tried specifying a height for two Hero widgets – tried both the Height and the Padding functions – but it wasn’t working and then I noticed in my developer bar that the CSS files for each widget were throwing a 404 error.

wp-content/uploads/siteorigin-widgets/sow-hero-default-6d7619382029.css?ver=4.7 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

wp-content/uploads/siteorigin-widgets/sow-hero-default-b18bbf363055.css?ver=4.7 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

I’ve tried deactiving all plugins except for PB/SO Widgets, tried a default WP theme, tried deleting and reinstalling the SO Widgets Bundle…

Using WP 4.7 and latest PB/SO Widgets.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 7 years, 8 months ago George Plumley

Forgot to say that when I checked the Uploads folder in wp-content, there is no Site-Origins folder.

This site is running on Dream Host, which is not a host I normally use, so I’m wondering now if there’s a permissions issue (thought the ownership/group settings look correct).

2. 7 years, 8 months ago George Plumley

Sorry, the host is Hostgator, which I often use.

3. 7 years, 8 months ago George Plumley

Was working on the site and tried to upload photos – while I get no errors, there’s a broken image icon after the upload and when I look in the uploads folder no December folder has been created and the images are nowhere to be found.

Clearly a permissions issue. I’ll post here when I find out what’s going on.

4. 7 years, 8 months ago George Plumley

Here’s what happened: This was a copy of an existing site, and I didn’t realize that in the original WP install, someone had forced WP to use a custom path to the uploads folder in Settings -> Media (it had been an older version of WP when there was an option to use a special path).

So things were getting saved in a completely different part of the hosting account, including the SiteOrigin custom CSS.

Set the location back to wp-content/uploads and everything’s fine now.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More