Home>Support>2 column homepage/blog

2 column homepage/blog

By calvin, 10 years ago. Last reply by Andrew Misplon, 10 years ago.

Hi, I am trying to set up a 2 column homepage/blog. The right side would be all the recent posts while the left sides are widgets.

I have tried several ways:
1. using the page builder to build 2 column, but the “Recent Post” is a lists of post but not the recent post.
2. creating a “blog” template page and setting it as 2 column. then again i don’t see the sidebar widgets under widgets..

Can I check if this theme is suitable for the 2 column blog? Thanks!

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 10 years, 4 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Calvin

Instead of using the Recent Posts widgets in your right column at Appearance > Home Page try using the Post Loop (PB) widget and see if that works for you.

2. 10 years, 4 months ago calvin

Hi Andrew, it worked! Thanks!

However is there a way I could similarly make a 2 column blog page? When I click on individual blog posts, the pages are in full width. I need a sidebar on the right, similar to the one on the homepage.

Thanks once again! :)

3. 10 years, 4 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

There is unfortunately no way I can think of doing that in Origami that doesn’t involve custom development.

(In the case of custom development https://codeable.io/ would be our recommendation).

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More