Home>Support>Vantage Premium

Vantage Premium

By PatrickNgo, 9 years ago. Last reply by Magus, 9 years ago.

I am a new learner to Word Press and Vantage Premium theme, and need your helps. I just created a website and I believed I have 2 home pages (one by default and another is “home”), please show me how to delete one; second, all three slide show pictures displaying on my home page are being clipped, I do not know what the full size of this designated space is and how to adjust to fit my slide pictures. Third, Please help to show me how to post and archive power point files or excel files (with many pages), a folder (with many Microsoft Word files) to a page on my website, maybe with a submenu/title.
I really appreciate it very much.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 4 months ago Magus
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi PatrickNgo

Do you have a public URL where we can take a look at what’s going on? If you need to keep this URL private from other users, just select “Private Reply” on the bottom right of the comment box.

Thanks

Magus

2. 9 years, 4 months ago PatrickNgo

Thank you Magus,The URL of our website is http://gdptlonghoa-galang.orgThanks,Patrick

3. 9 years, 4 months ago Magus
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Patrick

I am only seeing one home page. If you are seeing two pages listed as Home under Pages from your dashboard then you can remove the one that is not listed as ‘-Front Page’.

For the slider please navigate to the Meta Slider interface and adjust the height of your slider until the images show correctly. The aspect ratio of the image is what is causing this to happen, the original image being 1080 x 420 does not scale to fit into a slider of the height you have. The alternative would be to create new images using the correct aspect ratio to ensure the images do not get cropped.

With the office documents it will depend on if you want to embed them or just have them as downloads.

Magus

4. 9 years, 4 months ago PatrickNgo

Magus,I meant on the Main Menu two pages display the same info's,  that is the first page labeled as "GDPT Long Hoa – Galang" is displayed by default whenever the website is opened, and the second page labeled as "Home" which is showing the same thing if selected. I did all my works on the "Home" page.Also, please help me how to post and archive excel/word files (many pages) and folders (many files) on my website.I really appreciate it.Thanks,Patrick

5. 9 years, 3 months ago Magus
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Patrick

The Home image and Home Link in the menu both point to the same location. This is by design.

If you want to remove the home link please navigate to Appearance->Menu and remove it from the main menu.

You can already upload office documents to WordPress, which will then be available in the media library. If you want to embed these to a page you will need to use a plugin like this

https://wordpress.org/plugins/embed-any-document/

Magus

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More