Home>Support>Theme install failed > siteorigin-panels.2.1.2.zip

Theme install failed > siteorigin-panels.2.1.2.zip

By Al Guevara, 9 years ago. Last reply by Andrew Misplon, 9 years ago.

Installing Theme from uploaded file: siteorigin-panels.2.1.2.zip
Unpacking the package…
Installing the theme…
The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.
Theme install failed.

Hi
I’m trying your file siteorigin-panels.2.1.2.zip from.

Page Builder by SiteOrigin

and it produces the above error:

on v4.2.2

Thanks

URL: http://computerdude.me/wp/

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 4 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Al

That file is for Page Builder, which is a plugin. You can install that by navigating to Plugins > Add New, then clicking Upload Plugin, and uploading the ZIP file.

2. 9 years, 4 months ago Al Guevara

Hey thx Greg.

PS.The vcard theme threw errors, All other themes work good.

Thx
    AL

3. 9 years, 4 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi AL

Glad to hear you made progress.

vCard is our earliest theme. It’s last update was unfortunately shipped with an error. The good news in that the error isn’t critical. That said, you might consider a newer business card theme. We unfortunately don’t have one to offer at the moment.

All the best with your work and thanks for your support :)

4. 9 years, 4 months ago Al Guevara

Thank you Andrew.

Two questions please.
    Why do you keep vCard as a download if it has an error?
    How do you guys make $? I see nothing on your site costs?

5. 9 years, 4 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

I think the last update of vCard that we pushed was missing the /extras folder. That caused the error. Apologies for the hassle. This hasn’t been raised in a long time. Totally our bad. We just haven’t gotten around to correcting/removing the theme. Definitely not the way we like to roll!

We’re currently funded by our premium theme sales. All of our premium upgrades are handled from within the free theme interface.

Thanks for your understanding and support. We’re hard at work on Page Builder, the Widgets Bundle and new themes. Lots more to come.

All the best :)

6. 9 years, 4 months ago Al Guevara

re: All of our premium upgrades are handled from within the free theme interface.

Thanks for the info Andrew. I looked all over your website for ways to buy stuff, could not find.
    Seo Note: Been on the NET since 88, on Ebay & NewEgg since 95-96, and if I can’t find a way to transfer my $ to you, you have a HUGE usability problem, that is costing you $$.
    Suggest you fix your website, so its CLEAN one buy stuff from you… and can!

Appreciate the work SiteOrigin does for long time now.

7. 9 years, 4 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated. We’ve got a custom purchase system on the way this year. Lots of changes coming. Your support means a lot.

All the best :)

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More