Home>Support>Slider Stopped Working

Slider Stopped Working

Hello
My slider recently stopped working. I had a local site built on my laptop with the slider working fine, then I was trying to change up the slider images and now nothing is working at all except for the demo slider.

Please help-I really like this theme and just bought hosting services to use it to showcase my latest client.

Thank you

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 2 months ago Guillaume de Swardt

Hi,

I have the same issue. I have a website for my Self Catering Cottages http://umoya-cottages.co.za/ I need the website to work as this is my income. The slider suddenly also just stopped showing. If I select demo, it shows the demo slide, if I select the customised one, it disappears. I haven’t made any changes to the slider. It just stopped working on its own.

Will appreciate your assistance!

2. 9 years, 2 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Everyone – I’m looking into this. It’s probably an issue with the SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle. I’ll try get out a fix ASAP.

3. 9 years, 2 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

I still haven’t been able to recreate this issue on my side. I’ll keep looking into it.

What version of the SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle are you both using? You can check by navigating to Plugins > Installed.

As a temporary fix, you could try roll back to version 1.2.4 of the SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle. So navigate to Plugins > Installed. Deactivate, then delete the current version of the Widgets Bundle. Then download version 1.2.4 from here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/so-widgets-bundle/developers/

Finally, install the plugin zip file by navigating to Plugins > Add New in your WordPress admin, then follow those steps.

4. 9 years, 2 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

From the looks of things, Guillaume, it looks like your slider is having issues because the widgets bundle is detecting that your images have a 0px width. I’m not sure why it’s doing this. If you have Jetpack Photon installed then this might be causing it. I have seen Photon causing similar issues in the past.

I’ll add a fix to the next update of the Widgets Bundle to handle this, but in the mean time if you either roll back to version 1.2.4 – everything should be working there.

5. 9 years, 2 months ago Guillaume de Swardt

Hi Greg,

Again excellent support, thank you. Removing Photon brought the slider back, but not full width. I will roll back to previous version and check what happens then.

6. 9 years, 2 months ago Guillaume de Swardt

Rolling back did resolve the issue. Looking forward to the update. Thanks for the support.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More