Home>Support>Site crashed

Site crashed

By Ruth, 9 years ago. Last reply by Greg Priday, 9 years ago.

I administrate a site that uses several plugins, SiteOrigin’s PageBuilder among them (running on Customizr theme). Yesterday the site crashed completely – nothing…white screen! I contacted the hosting company who told me that it was the pagebuilder plugin that was causing this. I’m not a techie person but I don’t get this – why would the plugin suddenly cause a problem when it had been working fine?! Anyway, the hosting company guys disabled the plugin for me (and reset the permalinks) and now the site is running. Of course, the pages that used PageBuilder now look pretty naff. My question is, are you aware of this problem – do you think it IS a problem or was the hosting company fobbing me off with an excuse? Do you think it’s safe to reactivate PageBuilder? Thanks!

URL: http://www.therobgeorgefoundation.co.uk

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 7 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Ruth

Could you ask your hosts for the PHP error message? This would be a huge help in diagnosing and fixing the issue – if it was in fact with Page Builder.

2. 9 years, 7 months ago Ruth

Hi Greg

Thanks for the response. I’ve asked the hosts for the PHP error message. What I got back was pages and pages of code. I’ve copied and pasted a sample below (if you need more, please say) but I’ve been through it and although I can see an error with gallery-slider plugin, I can’t see any mention of PageBuilder in the error code. So I guess they were lying to me….right?!!! If that’s the case, I’ve disabled PageBuilder and messed up my pages for no reason at all. Anyway, if you wouldn’t mind just confirming that my assumptions are correct, then I can reactivate PageBuilder and start formatting my pages again.

Thanks – really appreciate your help. Here’s the code extracts:

20140123T041853: therobgeorgefoundati.ipage.com/wordpress/wp-admin/plugins.php
    WordPress database error Table ‘rgf.wp_smart_donations_transaction_table’ doesn’t exist for query ALTER TABLE wp_smart_donations_transaction_table DROP INDEX idx_payer_email made by activate_plugin, do_action(‘activate_smart-donations/smartdonations.php’), call_user_func_array, rednao_smart_donations_plugin_was_activated
    WordPress database error Table ‘rgf.wp_smart_donations_transaction_table’ doesn’t exist for query ALTER TABLE wp_smart_donations_transaction_table DROP INDEX idx_campaign_id made by activat
    20140129T055541: http://www.therobgeorgefoundation.co.uk/index.php
    PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DO in /hermes/bosnaweb01a/b1416/ipg.therobgeorgefoundati/wordpress/wp-content/themes/customizr/header.php on line 38
    20140211T052021: therobgeorgefoundati.ipage.com/wordpress/wp-admin/plugins.php
    PHP Warning: fopen(/home/users/web/b1416/ipg.therobgeorgefoundati/wp-content/plugins/gallery-slider/register.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosnaweb01a/b1416/ipg.therobgeorgefoundati/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/gallery-slider/galleryslider.php on line 34

3. 9 years, 7 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

From the looks of things, that fatal error is in your theme – Customizer. I know that theme, it’s top-quality, so I doubt there’s a problem with it, but it’s possible the file got corrupt somehow.

What I’d suggest doing is reinstalling a fresh copy of Page Builder. If Page Builder kills your site again, then log into your FTP, navigate to wp-content/plugins/ and delete the siteorigin-panels folder. From there, we’ll look into it a little bit more to try figure out what’s going on. Needless to say, Page Builder isn’t killing your site on purpose – we just need to get it back in line ;)

4. 9 years, 7 months ago Ruth

OK, thanks Greg, I’ll try that. If it crashes again, I’ll post on this thread.
    Thanks again for your help.

5. 9 years, 7 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Best of luck! Please let us know how this goes.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More