Home>Support>Page Builder by Site Origin plugin stopped working after WordPress updated to 4.3

Page Builder by Site Origin plugin stopped working after WordPress updated to 4.3

By seo mumbai, 9 years ago. Last reply by Andrew Misplon, 9 years ago.

Hi ,

I need help of site origin to fix issue with my client website . It has stopped working after upgrading wordpress to 4.3 from 4.2 . This plugin is asking me to install SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle . I have tried 2-3 times but its not installing the plugin . Error message is appearing that Destination folder already exists at this ” X….so-widgets-bundle”.

Please advise to rectify this error.

Regards, myseoexpert

URL: http://www.jjkikaniassociates.com/clientele/

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Seo Mumbai

Sorry to hear about the hassle.

Please, go to Plugins and check if SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle is installed and activated. If it is then this is most likely a plugin conflict. I’ll send instructions for that scenario now.

2. 9 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

This sounds like it could be a plugin conflict issue. Can you try disabling all non-SiteOrigin plugins and see if this fixes the issue? If it does fix the issue, then try re-enabling your plugins one by one until the issue comes back. This procedure will help diagnose which plugin is causing the issue.

Once we know that, we’ll be able to look at what might be causing the conflict and either solve the problem or help you find an alternative plugin.

3. 9 years, 1 month ago seo mumbai

Thanks Andrew. Tried this earlier but getting following error

Downloading install package from https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/so-widgets-bundle.1.4.2.zip…

Unpacking the package…

Installing the plugin…

Destination folder already exists. X:/…../plugins/so-widgets-bundle/

Plugin install failed.

Return to Plugin Installer

4. 9 years, 1 month ago seo mumbai

I tried several times this but appears that its throwing error every time tring to install this plug in

5. 9 years, 1 month ago seo mumbai

I also tried deactivating plugins one by one and then activating plugins but all didn’t work out . This is little frustrating as its taking little more time . Now only option left is uninstalling plugin and reinstalling all over again but then i have to manually link 58 clients on this page . If you have any other way to help me let me know.

6. 9 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Sorry to hear you haven’t resolved.

Plugin Conflict Check

The most important part of doing a plugin conflict check is, did the issue resolve with all non-SiteOrigin plugins de-activated? If it did, you know a plugin is the issue. If not, the test has failed. Re-activating plugins one by one is done so you can spot when the problem re-occurs and therefore know which plugin is causing the issue.

Did the issue resolve with all non-SiteOrigin plugins de-activated?

Widgets Bundle

Is the Widgets Bundle installed and activated under the Plugins page? Can you see it there?

(Re-installing the Widgets Bundle, if you had to do that, won’t cause content loss.)

7. 9 years, 1 month ago seo mumbai

Hi ,

Issue resolved today. I had gone to plesk setup remove site origin folder manually from data hosting site. Removed plugins from WordPress then reinstall plugins. It started working.

Thanks Andrew

8. 9 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Super :) Really glad to hear you were able to recover. Thanks for posting your steps to resolution.

All the best :)

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More