Home>Support>issues with vatnage 2.4 update

issues with vatnage 2.4 update

By Steven Orloff, 9 years ago. Last reply by dkast, 9 years ago.

Hi,

I just updated Vantage to 2.4, and having a few issues. One is the page template ‘full width no title’ isn’t working when its selected. Still showing the page title.

Also its saying my order number isn’t valid in the box below

URL: http://www.traditionalacupuncture.com.au/digestive-health/weight-loss/

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 5 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Steven

To give more flexibility, we’ve changed from using page templates to using a dedicated Layout box. You should see a “Page Layout” meta box on your pages with options for display or not displaying the title. Vantage should have been carrying across these settings from the Page Template you select, but there might be some issues with that.

This new functionality allows for a far wider range of setups, plus we’ve added a new stretched full-width option.

We’re working with the company that processes our order numbers. It appears their servers are currently having issues. We’re hoping to get this resolved ASAP.

Hope that answers all your questions.

2. 9 years, 5 months ago adminpaul

Hi

I installed Vantage premium upgrade this morning. Prior to that I spent an hour making new pages using ‘Page Builder Home’ as my chosen template.

However, since the upgrade when I make a new page and under page Attributes/Template select ‘Page Builder Home’, then whenever I ‘Update’, it automatically goes back to ‘Default Template’.

I assume the upgrade has caused this as all was OK immediately before the upgrade?

Can you help at all?

3. 9 years, 5 months ago dkast

This was my first update, and I can only add that it would have been good for me to have learned about these changes earlier, or if the required page adjustments would have been made automatically :-(

Our public page layout looked really bad for about an hour, until the width of every single page had to be fixed, and the header logo was higher than the rest of the menu.

Since I’m new to WP, I may have missed something (is there a maintenance mode to preview the changes), and I’m not accusing anyone … just telling how it went.

4. 9 years, 5 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Everyone

We’re working urgently to resolve this issues. You should see a 2.4.2 update later today that fixes everything. Sorry about the inconvenience.

5. 9 years, 5 months ago Steven Orloff

Hi,
    I noticed the 2.4.2 update fixed the issues I was having, I don’t see a box though on my page editor to remove title. Do I need to enable it somewhere?

6. 9 years, 5 months ago dkast

You’ve got to be joking. Now I have upgraded to 2.4.2, and all pages are broken again. The combo boxes in the page settings are gone. Am I really supposed to go through all pages again, and to restore “Full width page, no title”?

7. 9 years, 5 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Very sorry for the inconvenience everyone. I can understand the frustration. We had to remove this feature because of all the problems it was causing. From the feedback we got, it also seemed like even if the feature was working, it’s not a feature anyone wanted.

We did test this feature quite extensively, but there we lots of instances where it was causing issues. For now, we are reverting back to using standard page templates before too many people upgrade.

@dkast, if you create a temporary admin account for us, we’ll go through and restore “Full width page, no title” for you. It’s the least we could do to say sorry. Just send the details to [email protected]

8. 9 years, 5 months ago dkast

Did you also change something between SiteBuilder and Vantage in the recent updates?

Because in the portrait view, where multi-column layouts were wrapped earlier to ensure that the text remained readable, we’re now seeing no wrap and very, very slim columns with unreadable text instead.

Example: twitter box on http://bit.ly/1Jmbz9s

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More