Home>Support>Current Theme

Current Theme

By justinpham, 9 years ago. Last reply by justinpham, 9 years ago.

Hello,

I love this theme a lot. I am wondering how I can add another button next the one already there. Also, is there a shortcode you can give me to remove the frame (ipad, iphone, galaxy). I would prefer to just use my own image without that frame being there.

Thanks

URL: http://washingtonprpinstitute.com/test

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi justinpham

Glad to hear Current is working out for you.

To remove the device border/frame, insert the following into a Custom CSS plugin like Simple Custom CSS or Jetpack Custom CSS:

/* SiteOrigin Current Theme - Remove home page image device frame */

#page-header .image-frame-wrapper .image-frame.image-frame-tablet {
    background: none;
    }

I’ll take a look a your button request ASAP.

2. 9 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

The function that outputs the home page header unfortunately can’t be filtered in a child theme. A shortcoming of the theme. What you can do is go to Appearance > Editor and edit /inc/template-tags.php.

On line 342 you’ll find the following:

<a href="<?php echo esc_url(siteorigin_setting('home_message_url')) ?>" class="button"><?php echo esc_html(siteorigin_setting('home_message_button')) ?></a>

At the end of that line, press enter to create a new line and enter the following:

<a href="http://siteorigin.com" class="button">Button Text</a>

That’s your new button. Replace the link with yours and Button Text with your own. Then save that page.

This change is not update safe. So if we ever release a new version of Current in the future and you run that update, this change will be lost. You could then just re-add it.

There are no current new versions of Current planned at the moment.

3. 9 years, 9 months ago justinpham

thanks for your help Andrew. I appreciate it!

4. 9 years, 9 months ago justinpham

Is there any way I can change the photo to a different size instead of having it in the default dimensions?

Thanks!

5. 9 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Sure, try the following Custom CSS:

#page-header .image-frame-wrapper .image-frame.image-frame-tablet .image-frame-image {
    width: 222px;
    height: 295px;
    }

Try adjusting those figures and see how you do.

Add a comment above the selector of your choosing so you know what’s what:

/* This is a CSS comment, it's to help keep things organised and make it easy to remember what does what */

6. 9 years, 9 months ago justinpham

Andrew,

the larger I make the width, the further the image moves right. WashingtonPRPInstitute.com/test

How can I adjust the image to the left to my liking?

Thanks

7. 9 years, 9 months ago justinpham

Hi Andrew,

I have a few other problems if you can help me out on that would be great. The site is: http://www.WashingtonPRPInstitute.com. My issue is that since I changed the size of the main picture, it’s not working too well on mobile, the picture is moved too far to the right, and it causes problems. In addition, on Safari, it is not displayed correctly either. Can you help me with those please? Thank you

8. 9 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Try also setting the size of the image in this new selector:

#page-header .image-frame-wrapper .image-frame.image-frame-tablet {
    width: 276px;
    height: 358px;
    padding: 31px 27px 32px 27px;
    }

And try adjusting the padding there. Those numbers stand for: top, right, bottom, left, in that order.

9. 9 years, 9 months ago justinpham

Hi Andrew,

the padding doesn’t seem to work. If you view the site on safari or on mobile, the image is pushed too far to the right and out of the frame. is there any other method we can try?

10. 9 years, 9 months ago justinpham

Hi Andrew,

I have another question. Why can’t I create a sub menu for this theme. For example, under “Home,” I’d like to have “About us,” but when I created a submenu, it would not appear. Is there something preventing this? Thank you

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More