Home>Support>Can’t rename pages – WP adds -2 every time

Can’t rename pages – WP adds -2 every time

By timiambeing, 9 years ago. Last reply by Daniel, 9 years ago.

I have asked everywhere and on the off chance that its a Vantage theme issue I will try here! Every time I try to change the ‘slug’ of a page called ‘Monthly’ the damn WP interface renames it ‘Monthly-2’ there are no other pages with that name and no pages in trash whatsoever! I have no posts and nothing in the database whatsoever with the name ‘Monthly’ this is driving me nuts! The site is local in development so I can’t post a URL.

Vantage Premium but form won’t accept order number

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 5 months ago Daniel
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Timiambeing

Sorry for the hassle. the service we use to handle our orders is having intermitted issues which is preventing our servers from validating order numbers. Would you try this again, kindly?

Now about renaming pages. This problem occurs when you create a page title, category or post tag using exactly the same term or terms as an existing Category, Post Tag or Page Title slug. Please go through the modules mentioned to ensure you do not have a copy with same name.

Try that out and let me know the outcome.

Cheers

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More