Home>Support>Fontawesome breaks 301 Moved when changing my uploads directory location

Fontawesome breaks 301 Moved when changing my uploads directory location

By Nutwinz, 8 years ago.

Hi again im wondering if you can help me on this as it only seems to be happening with vantage for me

I always change my uploads directory and move it from outside of wp-content folder when creating a new website for security reasons of my own.
However when i move it out of wp-content and put it in example: wxw.mywebsite.com/uploads then all the font awesome icons break on vantage and show a broken image where as everything else including every other plugin works just fine.

However if i move it to another directory and rename it within the wp-content folder everything works just fine example: wxw.mywebsite.com/new-directory/uploads.

But this is really no good to me i want to continue to move my uploads folder outside wp-content like i always have done on many many builds without problem in the past.

Have you done some declaration for font awesome to use the standard path of wp-content/uploads or something that’s causing this?

if i check my website using gtmetrix before moving the upload folder everything is fine and if i then check it again after moving the folder to its new location and check the waterfall then the website hangs for over 5 seconds and shows in the connection that 2 instances of font awesome are now causing the redirect issue and are marked as 301 moved.

Any help on this would be appreciated as i’m stumped.

You can quite easily recreate this yourself and you will see the problem as i cannot give access to my server at this time. thx

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More