Home>Support>Site not loading into visual editor for Custom CSS
  1. 3 months, 29 days ago Andrew Misplon Hi, I Work Here

    Hi Angela

    Thanks for reaching out.

    Head over to SettingsGeneral and ensure that the Site and WordPress URL exactly match in every way. If that doesn’t help, try a plugin conflict test as outlined below:

    This sounds like it could be a plugin conflict issue. Can you try disabling all non-SiteOrigin plugins and see if this fixes the issue? You’ll need to clear all your caches after disabling your plugins.

    If it does fix the issue, then try re-enabling your plugins one by one until the issue comes back. This procedure will help diagnose which plugin is causing the issue.

    Once we know that, we’ll be able to look at what might be causing the conflict and either solve the problem or help you find an alternative plugin.

    If you aren’t using a SiteOrigin theme, then you can also try temporarily switching to one of the default WordPress themes to see if the issue is theme related.

  2. 3 months, 23 days ago Angela Angelovic

    Hi Andrew,

    I made sure my wordpress url and my site url were exact matches.
    I disabled all my non-site origin plugins, cleared my cache, and tried again, to no avail.
    I changed my theme to a default WordPress theme, and my site would still not load in the visual editor.

    What shall we try next?

    Thanks so much for your time.

  3. 3 months, 21 days ago Aaron Evans Hi, I Work Here

    Hi Angela, please, try checking for JavaScript errors when the issue occurs. Here is how: https://wordpress.org/support/article/using-your-browser-to-diagnose-javascript-errors/#step-3-diagnosis. If you find errors present, please let us know the details. Thanks.

  4. 3 months, 19 days ago Angela Angelovic

    Hi Andrew,

    The first instructions on the page were to try in another browser. Lo and behold, the visual editor loads the website in Safari!

    Any ideas why it wouldn’t load in Chrome, and how we can make it do so?

  5. 3 months, 18 days ago Aaron Evans Hi, I Work Here

    Hi Angela

    Thanks for the update.

    I’m not sure why that would be the case. Two things you might try are:

    1. Perhaps try clearing Chrome’s cache.
    2. You could try Chrome with all of your extensions disabled.

  6. 3 months, 4 days ago Angela Angelovic

    Hi Aaron,

    I cleared my cache again, disabled my chrome extensions, restarted chrome and my computer, and now it works! Thanks for your help!

  7. 3 months, 4 days ago Aaron Evans Hi, I Work Here

    Super :) I’m really glad to hear the problem has resolved. If any SiteOrigin questions arise in the future, please open a new support thread and we’ll do our best to assist :)

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More