Widgets can be added to your WordPress installation by the WordPress core, plugins or themes. If you add a widget to a page and then remove the plugin or theme that provided that widget, the widget will show as missing. Try following the below steps to resolve the problem:
1. Start by going to PluginsSiteOrigin Widgets. The SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle and third-party plugins (e.g. Widgets for SiteOrigin and Livemesh SiteOrigin Widgets) that make use of the Widgets Bundle framework will add their widgets to this page. A plugin can be activated but if the widget you need isn’t activated, it’ll show as missing.
2. If the missing widget can’t be found at PluginsSiteOrigin Widgets go back to the page you’re editing. Below the Missing Widget notification will be the widget name or ID. You should hopefully, be able to find out which plugin or theme provided the widget and then investigate whether that plugin or theme is deactivated.
There is a newer version of this widget’s content available. Restore or Dismiss. Clicking Restore will replace the current widget contents. You can revert by refreshing the page before updating.
This prompt appears when your browser has data that is different from the widget version upon opening. This warning is displayed to catch unsaved changes. Typically, unsaved changes are caused by navigating away from the edit screen or reloaded the editor prior to saving. If there aren’t any unsaved changes, it’s safe to ignore. If there are, clicking restore will restore the changes that previously weren’t safe.
If this prompt is constantly appearing regardless of whether changes have been made, it’s possible your browser’s database has been corrupted. You can typically fix this by clearing your browsers “Site Data”.
Page Builder – Think Up Themes Compatible is a fork of SiteOrigin Page Builder. Once a plugin is forked, development and support responsibilities rest with the forking author, in this case, Think Up Themes. In the event, you’d like to migrate from the forked version to Page Builder by SiteOrigin:
- Uninstall the forked versions of Page Builder by SiteOrigin and the SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle.
- Install the main versions of SiteOrigin Page Builder and SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle.
- Replace Think Up Themes widgets with SiteOrigin equivalents.
Think Up replaces our widgets with theirs so it’s not possible to carry over data. If you do decide to make this change, please, be sure to fully back up your site before proceeding. If possible, testing the migration on a local or test server would be ideal.